SAF & crashing problem (1 Viewer)

Dwarf

Portal Member
September 16, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi guys hopefully you can help me out im completely stuck. I love the easy way SAF works but i since i started using SAF i have been experiencing the problem that after 10-15 min watching a .mkv movie my pc crashes. The only way to restart i have to do a hard reset. Small .MKV's are not a problem (tv series) and other containers are also not a problem.

I have a fresh install of Vista with latest MP, SAF, ATI driver and Moving Pictures and TV series.

I dont think i can use the TestTool because the screen goes black right after the crash or am i mistaken?

Edit: I have found out that some .mkv's the video stops but the sound keeps going.

MediaPortal Version: Latest
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
Windows Version: Vista 32 bit
CPU Type: 4850e
HDD: Samsung 2 x 1tb
Memory: 4 gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte DS3H
Video Card: Onboard Ati HD3200
Video Card Driver: 10.2
Sound Card: Creative Xfi
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Not using
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF
MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF
h.264 Video Codec: SAF
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Thermaltake DH101
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Dwarf

Portal Member
September 16, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Fixed the problem by uninstalling SAF and installing latest HD Pack. The cyber codec didnt work well for H264 so i am using the Divx codec now and all is working like a charm.

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have this problem, but with DVDs. I haven't had any problems before, and I can't tell what has introduced it. Starting a DVD works nicely, then after maybe 10-15 minutes (sometimes more, sometimes less) the screen goes black. The sound continues though, and I still have some control with the remote (I can hear the GUI respond to button presses).

I am also having a hard time logging this problem, since I have to do a hard reboot every time it happens.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I have this problem, but with DVDs. I haven't had any problems before, and I can't tell what has introduced it. Starting a DVD works nicely, then after maybe 10-15 minutes (sometimes more, sometimes less) the screen goes black. The sound continues though, and I still have some control with the remote (I can hear the GUI respond to button presses).

I am also having a hard time logging this problem, since I have to do a hard reboot every time it happens.

Look for MP patch to this problem.
0002775: DVD still menus are sometimes not rendered when using EVR and MS DVD Navigator - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I don't think that's the same problem. I had that problem too, with the non-functioning menus. This problem occurs suddenly during playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom