SAF problems and individual codec problems (1 Viewer)

sswats

August 10, 2007
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 final
MediaPortal Skin: streamedmp
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD X2 4850e
HDD:
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: 780g
Video Card: AMD 5450

I was runnning on board graphics for a while with no problems with SAF codecs.
upgraded my GPU to a 5450 because i needed HDMI audio out and some other small reasons.

Since then MKV's have been refusing to split properly. in graph studio i just get one line from the video decoding. nothing with audio. so i therefore get no sound.
And when i uninstall and reinstall, SAF detects my system as having HD 3200 (ie the onboard) but not my new graphics card the 5450.

so i uninstall SAF, install FFDSHOW and matroska separately and audio works with MKV's. but i get that annoying problem of 2 audio tracks playing at the same time on other video files i have.

Tried SAF 5 too and that had the same problem.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 final
MediaPortal Skin: streamedmp
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD X2 4850e
HDD:
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: 780g
Video Card: AMD 5450

I was runnning on board graphics for a while with no problems with SAF codecs.
upgraded my GPU to a 5450 because i needed HDMI audio out and some other small reasons.

Since then MKV's have been refusing to split properly. in graph studio i just get one line from the video decoding. nothing with audio. so i therefore get no sound.
And when i uninstall and reinstall, SAF detects my system as having HD 3200 (ie the onboard) but not my new graphics card the 5450.

so i uninstall SAF, install FFDSHOW and matroska separately and audio works with MKV's. but i get that annoying problem of 2 audio tracks playing at the same time on other video files i have.

Tried SAF 5 too and that had the same problem.

Hi.
Ignore HD 3200 detection, this is just mess in OS registry.
Durning SAF 5 install, do not enable audio passthrough and try again.

sswats

August 10, 2007
Did that, and I then tried graph studio to see what was happening and now it seems to be decoding audio channel as well for mkv's which it wasn;t before.
But I only get stereo.

The mixer in ffdshow is set to stereo. If i disable mixer i get audio but as if the center channel was missing. so no dialgoue, but other sounds are there.

If i then set it to passthrough for DTS or AC3 in output section of ffdshow I just get a hissing sound.

Tried ticking AC3 (s/pdif encode mode) and taht didn't work either.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Did that, but i only get stereo output.
The mixer in ffdshow is set to stereo. If i disable mixer i get audio but as if the center channel was missing. so no dialgoue, but other sounds are there.

If i then set it to passthrough for DTS or AC3 in output section of ffdshow I just get a hissing sound.

Tried ticking AC3 (s/pdif encode mode) and taht didn't work either.

That diferend audio drivers or enable downmix to stereo in FFDshow.

sswats

August 10, 2007
Downmix to stereo works.
But i want surround sound. It was working fine before off the digital coaxial SPDIF, but its not working now off the HDMI.

will try different audio drivers when i get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom