Same channel from 3 diff. sources, how ?

Discussion in 'MyTV - Engine 0.2' started by pshdo, January 6, 2007.

1. pshdo

pshdo Portal Pro

Electrical engeneer
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there....

I am playing a little with a "problem", perhaps you have a solution.....;)

If i have a channel (lets call it XYZ), and i can recive it from 3 different sources, how do i set this channel up.....

If i eg. can record the XYZ from both analoug antenna, DVB-s and DVB-t.....

It would be nice if i did not have to setup the channel 3 times in the channel-list, but if i was able to set it up as one channel, and then let MP decide what source it should record from....
    Lets say that the DVB-c was in use at the time, then MP perhaps could automaticly use eg. the DVB-t instead.....

Is that at all possible to do this ??
    - i know that it is possible with eg. a dual-tv-turner, but what if it is 3 different tv-turners, how do i then do this ??

An other thing, but still the same issue i think......:confused:
    If i can recive this XYZ channel from 2 different transmitters, is it then possible to make MP switch to the transmitter that works, if a transmitter dies for some reason and a "NO signal" appear ??

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!