Same channel from 3 diff. sources, how ? (1 Viewer)

pshdo

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Holbaek, Denmark
Hi there....

I am playing a little with a "problem", perhaps you have a solution.....;)

If i have a channel (lets call it XYZ), and i can recive it from 3 different sources, how do i set this channel up.....

If i eg. can record the XYZ from both analoug antenna, DVB-s and DVB-t.....

It would be nice if i did not have to setup the channel 3 times in the channel-list, but if i was able to set it up as one channel, and then let MP decide what source it should record from....
Lets say that the DVB-c was in use at the time, then MP perhaps could automaticly use eg. the DVB-t instead.....

Is that at all possible to do this ??
- i know that it is possible with eg. a dual-tv-turner, but what if it is 3 different tv-turners, how do i then do this ??

An other thing, but still the same issue i think......:confused:
If i can recive this XYZ channel from 2 different transmitters, is it then possible to make MP switch to the transmitter that works, if a transmitter dies for some reason and a "NO signal" appear ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
limpwhizkid 1.22.0 Stutter and or artifact problem when recording and watching the same live tv channel 1.22 2
P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
FlatEric [solved] 5016: Same position for title and speed-info when forwarding watch/edit Videos 3
P Streaming to two clients from the same card Newcomers Forum 1
J [fixed] Importer confused on specific movies with the same title, different years and different NFO's Submit: Bug Reports 3
Megane How to install the same plug-in twice? MediaPortal 1 Plugins 5
cbr954rr Same settings on all Clients? General 6
P PROGRAMSTARTTIME not same as STARTTIME General 9
hounddog [solved] Mp2 and MP 1 on the same PC Problem General 12
N [Finished] It is possible to map the same key to the same action twice MediaPortal 2 2
D Single Seat Install - can another single seat use the same databases? Installation, configuration support 1
J Multiple IPTV channels TV-Server 2
M Add Radio channels and EPG to Mediaportal xmlTV 2
R Sort or restrict channels by group in mapping dialog Improvement Suggestions 4
M 1.25.0 Tv Server Configuration Italian Dvb-t2 test channel preview error Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 8
P Missing channels after rebuild (all on one MUX ?) General 2
Ralph Holmes One TV channel is duff - all the others are OK General 6
A UK Freeview channel changes Installation, configuration support 14
framug [solved] TVguide : channel number. MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
T Client / Server slow channel-to-channel change (zapping) General Support 1
V [solved] FTA channels but reported as encrypted MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
T Server / client channel logo location Installation, configuration support 6
g0rsq UK Freesat not tunning BBC HD channels, and lots of other freesat channels missing. Newcomers Forum 4
W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1