Samsung and pixel mapping (1 Viewer)

sweden

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
I am planning to get a Samsung 46" N87 and I heard that there may be problems with pixel mapping (this thread for example https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=62). Does anyone here have one? If so how is the quality? I want to run 1080 with a nvidia 8800gt card.

Just thought I'd throw out the question, perhaps there is someone with some knowledge of the TV.

Hopkins

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
Perth Western Australia
I don't have specific knowledge of that TV (though do have an R81 myself).

Have you taken a look at pixelmapping » home

I suggest having a good read and checking out the specific Samsung page on that site for info on 1:1 mapping via the digital/hdmi as well as vga inputs.

sweden

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
thanks for your response. i checked out the site but it does not mention anything about the n-series in 1920x1080. i understand that the n-series is the same as the m-series but without a shiny screen. if so, the lcd i'm looking at should be fine according to the link you gave.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Sweden Sweden
    My experince with samsung is that its no problem with pixel mapping (anyway as long as you using VGA). Becorce samsung has so cristal clear picture with vga, i have never tryed to hock it up with DVI/HDMI, but i dont thing that would be any problem ether.
    I have a 40" M86 and a 27" samsung montitors and there is perfect pixelmaping on both.

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi, i own the Samsung LE-46N87BD and 1:1 pixel mapping is no problem also the 24p (hz) is no problem.

But 1:1 pmapping is only on the hdmi ports allowed!!!!

its a great tv, thumbs up for this lcd :D

MoPhat

sweden

Portal Member
    January 20, 2006
    excellent, I appreciate your responses. no need to keep searching then, tomorrow i'll get it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    C Problem playing videos created on IPhone X and Samsung S9 General Support 2
    K MP1.24 HDHomeRun Quatro DVT2 - Pixelation on live TV General Support 1
    R Heavy pixelation on HD OTA Streams Installation, configuration support 1
    R Pixellation on live TV every few seconds General Support 11
    ge2301 [Finished] [MP2-782] Show mouse cursor only if it was moved more than 10 pixels MediaPortal 2 13
    S Multi Seat Live TV pixelation General Support 11
    R Sort or restrict channels by group in mapping dialog Improvement Suggestions 4
    M MP 1.23 Key Mapping Remotes 14
    emphatic Allow remote control mapping of all plugins Improvement Suggestions 0
    brena MCE Remote Disable Volume Mapping Input / Output interfaces 0
    M Guide mapping schedules direct, tvguide, epg buddy How to get correct entry to the correct channel? Electronic Program Guide 0
    C How to quickly map scanned channels to other devices? General 1
    M Unable to map virtual sent keys in the input device management General 6
    N [Proposal] Enhancement: Cell phone input - map * to backspace, and put the extra characters on 1 key instead MediaPortal 2 2
    N [Finished] It is possible to map the same key to the same action twice MediaPortal 2 2
    N [Finished] [MP2-783] Mapping Ctrl+Right as Next also does Right action when pressed. MediaPortal 2 21
    A [solved] MP2 and Remote mappings General 7
    D [solved] Map "media keys" on HID device to MP2 actions? General 17
    Top Bottom