Ongoing Samsung Series 6 52 inch and Catylist Control Centre Optimum Settings (1 Viewer)

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All,

I have a Samsung Series 6 52 inch TV and I'm running Vista 32 bit on my machine.

All my display settings are under the Catalyst Control Centre and I'm looking for the optimum settings so the screen is completely full. I guess there may also be some options on the TV Menu as well.

Currently the desktop pulls in from each side and is not utilising the whole screen.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Graham

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

Thanks for the note.

I worked out the underscanning, however I cannot go all the way to zero otherwise the screen blurrs and is too big. Could not find the "sharpening" option either?

Have also set my TV to "Just Scan" which seems to work well with the underscan just below zero.

Cheers

Graham

Zarathrustra

Portal Member
December 26, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
On the 6 series Samsungs with ATI, setting the TV to "Just Scan, underscan to 0, and 1920x1080 res, is what should give you 1:1 pixel mapping.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yep, that's what I'm using now and it seems to work well, although as mentioned, 0 underscan seems to make everything too zoomed and out of focus.

Thanks for the reply

Zarathrustra

Portal Member
December 26, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yep, that's what I'm using now and it seems to work well, although as mentioned, 0 underscan seems to make everything too zoomed and out of focus.

Thanks for the reply

Oh, that's a bit strange. With underscan not at "0", do you get a black border around the outside? I need to have it set to "0" for the image to fit the screen completely, which also gives me the sharpest picture/text, as it's 1:1. (This is with a 40" 6 Series)

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yes, I get a small black border i.e. about 1-2cm in from the sides, however at 0, it's out of focus and zoomed in so things do not fit on the screen. I have a 52 inch Samsung Series 6. Would love to have a completely full screen. I wonder if you have other settings set that I don't?

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

Should have mentioned that if I select the tickbox under the scaling settings, I can select "0".

I have found recently that when there is fast motion on the screen, I get blurring. I'm sure it was never as bad as it is now. Same Codec (CoreAVC) I have also downloaded ffdshow and it's the same.

Any advice appreciated.

Graham

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Make sure to use the "Just scan" feature of the Samsung TV (RTM) to avoid unnecessary scaling.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

Even with the "Just Scan" option set with no scaling, the picture does not seem to totally fill the screen?

By the way, this is mainly on a 1080i broadcast (interlaced) In order to get any picture at all on this channel, I had to activate de-interlacing in the CoreAVC Codec configuration and set MY TV de-interlacing to "Best".

Any more advice appreciated.

Cheers

Graham

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom