Satellite Setting In Block of Flats (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Anyone got any idea about how Satellite is setup in blocks of flats? We have one large dish on the roof and I understand every flat is fully wired up to it. There are probably 100+ flats so I guess there are lots of booster type things around but I can not quite understand how it works seems as normally when you request a channel this gets the LNB to tune to the transponder you want (probably not the correct technical terms but you get the idea...)

If everyone is connected upto a few LNBs then how can lots of people watch their the channels they want???

How do I setup MP for this? I am trying to pickup FreeSat channels on my Pinnacle 7010i card (which works fine for DVB-T) but when I try and scan for DVB-S channels it says there is about 50% signal strength but no quality and I then get No Signal errors for each transponder.

I am not sure if there is a problem with the connection to my flat or whether it is just something I am doing wrong in MP? I am getting a signal strength signal which makes me think the former (and I have tried the same in someone else's flat who I think is connected up to Sky)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom