Save "Dollhouse" on Fox and/or Syfy (1 Viewer)

MrGrymReaper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The current situation

The current uncertain economic climate has created the cancellations of a great number of interesting and entertaining shows. One such show is "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" this one was started back in 13th January 2008. There is one drama however which hasn't yet met the same fate which is known as "Dollhouse" and was started on 13th February 2009 and has me thinking about a lot of interesting questions.

I discovered this series when I found trailers for it online and then ordered this series through iTunes and are going to also order the DVD. This series has already got me asking these questions which it poses in its episodes. This show has a massive amount of potential for allowing people to explore themselves and the human species as a whole. It has qualities which set it apart from other series in its genre and others in general for instance it is not the usual cookie (biscuit) cutter science fiction series, there is also the aspect which attempts to teach us about our selves.

It is possible for me to enter into a description of these absolutely beautiful people, those actors whose characters have faces which are completely unexplored relms and remove the "Eye" from "Eye candy". I will hovever let you discover all this for yourselves, within the first 30 seconds of you tuning in to the series. There is also the possibility for me to repeat on about the action, adrenaline fueled excitement and everthing else present in the show. In addition to their adventures occuring with these "Actives" who can possess any skill, go anywhere and be anyone; but this will be discovered by you in a single episode.

What will take much longer due to the requirement for determination and may be some guts from the viewer is the persistence to follow a massively complex and often discomforting story examining the following:

The series has people who have signed away any form of self and investigate why an individual would do such a thing; as well as those who exploit, expend, explore and then make peace that state of being?
    In addition it asks what happens in the empty space, uncharted space between?
    The series also asks who happens in this state?
    Finally it asks who is left when the mind is wiped clean and does such a thing as a blank slate really exist?
    These are extremely weighty, complex queries which will take so much commitment from both viewers and the networks themselves; than the 30 second channel flip or the one hour episode. All it takes however is for you to begin there and watch an episode. This Friday night at 21:00 EST or 20:00 CST, tune into your local Fox boadcast (in United States) and Monday-Friday on SyFy at between 22:00 through to 03:00. For exact timings of the episodes please visit this address in the United Kingdom (*TV listings, UK terrestrial, Local TV guide and Schedule | MSN TV UK) or (TV Listings - MSN TV) in the United States. Just make sure it is properly setup to give you the television listings for your location and that you are signed in.

Anyway give the Dollhouse half an hour for the beautiful people and if they strike your fancy then give them an hour for the adventure. I'm gambling that you by the end of the episode, you will be ready to give them a portion of your contemplations for your whole lifetime.

How to save the series

Some of the morality questions revolve around sexual exploitation amongst other things and there are many other questions yet to be asked. In addition the show needs to keep going in order to be able to answer those questions and for us to keep exploring our selves and asking the same questions of ourselves.

This won't happen if we don't do something to enable Fox to see that it is necessary to keep it going. In order for this to occur we need for instance to order the series on iTunes and/or Order the DVD (preferrably both) and watch the show online through on demand players. The on-demand players are webservices such as Hulu, Fancast, Sky Player (with Sky TV subscription). In addition the word about this series needs to be spread as far and wide as possible in order to accomplish pair of websites were created by fans to help promote the series:-

Activate Dollhouse -How you can help
    Why I Watch Dollhouse

Please visit these in find out other things which need to be done to help save this series from cancellation and it needs to be done now. If we are to be able to save this interesting, entertaining and thoughtful series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom