Completed Scaldari's HTPC (1 Viewer)

Scaldari

Portal Member
January 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
DSCN0187.JPG

My HTPC actauly sits in the very back of the living room behind my recliner so that is all there is to see of it. I ran a 30 ft USB cord and S-VIDEO cord Under the floor to the TV so i just have a high quality 5.25 USB housing for a cheap <$15> ide DVD drive. This makes it no great loss if they just turn off the volume and leave a DVD playing all day long. THe drive burns up its easy to replace. That also meens i didnt need to have a DVD drive installed on the case, giving me space to install a drawer to hold extra screws SATA cables connecters etc. That Beast in the top 3 of my 5.25 bays is a hot pluggable 5 drive SATA rack Which Holds my 4 drive RAID 5 array for media storage and distribution across my gigabit LAN. Plus 1 of my RAID 0 Recording Drives for my 3 cable tuners. Also there is a wireless Logitech Keyboard and mouse. I opted NoT for the clear side pannel as its a mess of 8 SATA cables etc but my perspective on this Box was Function, not so much form. Also Beside it off to the side is an old LCD monitor i use for configuration but its kinda ugly also <clasic dirty yellow>. Since my Primary Display is a S-Video TV 32" <27" viewable corner to corner> It also works about any shooter i toss up <play crysis occationaly, all options on at 800x600, tv can show no higher resolution> but my favorite is FreeSpace 2. The Physical config and basic software is below.

sorry for the size of the picture... but atleast it shows detail?

BTV/MediaPortal Sys :
Asus M2N32-SLIDeluxe AM2 3800+ DualCore
512x2 XMS2 Corsair,
NX8600 GT 256 MSI PCIe,
Seagate 80 Gig SATA2 x2 RAID 0 Operating,
Seagate 320gig SATA2 x2 RAID 0 Record,
Seagate 320gig SATA2 X4 RAID 5 Storage
Creative X-FI Extreme Music,
Gigaworks 750 7.1 speekers;
nVidia PCI Dual Tuner
Pinacle USB 150 tuner
Generic USB external DVD drive