Scan channels only update 1 entry with the content of the playlist using DVBIP (1 Viewer)

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

I just did a fresh install of mepo 1.2 beta tv server, and have an anoying behavior in the channels lists.
I previously installed alpha, added my m3u file and scanned channels without problems. I later updated to 1.2 beta and had no particular issue.
Recently, one of my channel mismatched - it was displaying the correct name but pointed to the wrong url, even if my m3u file was correct.

Since I played a bit with some of the installed stuff (mpiptvsource.ax, for example), I decided to do a fresh installed of 1.2 beta. I therefore dropped my mysql db, uninstalling using the clean up option.

Now, when using the same m3u file I had before, scanning for channels creates a new channel in "TV Channels" menu, but instead of adding new ones it updates that single entry with the one currently being parsed.
So, tipically, I now only have one channel called TF1, which if I edit it in the Tv channels menu shows any of the other channels in my list if I am doing a scan, or only the latest entry if I finished scanning.

If anyone got an idea, I would love being able to get more than one single tv channel on my mepo config..

I attached the logs and the m3u if someone wants to have a look at them.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Felix

Attachments

• single_channel_scan.zip
    52.6 KB · Views: 41

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Hi felix_clerc

The problem is caused by some changes that we are trialling in 1.2.0b to attempt to improve scanning speed and compliance with broadcasting standards. Quite a few DVB-IP users have been badly affected. This was completely unintentional, and I apologise to you for the hassle. :sorry:

Can you please try the patch -->here<--, or change back to MP1.1.x. If you try the patch then you need to turn on the "always use PAT lookup" debug option *and* rescan your channels with the "provider does not uniquely identify channels..." option turned on.

mm

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello mm,

I tried your patch, and left some feedback in its thread.
    Thanks a lot for your help,
    Best regards,
    Félix

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    Replies
    Views
    I have run the import and the orphan duplicate episodes are still in the list in the TV Series config and in Media Portal.
    I have run the import and the orphan duplicate episodes are still in the list in the TV Series config and in Media Portal.
    I've been doing some clean up of some of the TV shows in my library. I've removed older TV show episode files in favor of better...
    Replies
    Views
    The problem is the combination of Digital Devices Card, Alphacryt Cam and TVE3 of Mediaportal. Unfortunately I dont have a solution, only two "Workarounds". First is to try native TVE35 with MP2, i did not have any continuity errors or hickups with that constellation. Second would be to change the cam, I tried RTL HD with a Deltacam...
    The problem is the combination of Digital Devices Card, Alphacryt Cam and TVE3 of Mediaportal. Unfortunately I dont have a...
    Hi MediaPortal Support Team, I've a problem that really drives me crazy because I've no explanation for this phenomenon. Since a...
    Replies
    Views
    Updated one of my MP installations (from 1.15) to 1.24 Final recently. It went perfectly smoothly, and fixed a few problems I had been having with video playback. Updated my plugins and Streamed MP skin, and not a single issue. Thank you for all your hard work.
    Updated one of my MP installations (from 1.15) to 1.24 Final recently. It went perfectly smoothly, and fixed a few problems I had...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.24 Final Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-4969] - Fix typo in MyMusic DB Index...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom