Scan channels only update 1 entry with the content of the playlist using DVBIP (1 Viewer)

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

I just did a fresh install of mepo 1.2 beta tv server, and have an anoying behavior in the channels lists.
I previously installed alpha, added my m3u file and scanned channels without problems. I later updated to 1.2 beta and had no particular issue.
Recently, one of my channel mismatched - it was displaying the correct name but pointed to the wrong url, even if my m3u file was correct.

Since I played a bit with some of the installed stuff (mpiptvsource.ax, for example), I decided to do a fresh installed of 1.2 beta. I therefore dropped my mysql db, uninstalling using the clean up option.

Now, when using the same m3u file I had before, scanning for channels creates a new channel in "TV Channels" menu, but instead of adding new ones it updates that single entry with the one currently being parsed.
So, tipically, I now only have one channel called TF1, which if I edit it in the Tv channels menu shows any of the other channels in my list if I am doing a scan, or only the latest entry if I finished scanning.

If anyone got an idea, I would love being able to get more than one single tv channel on my mepo config..

I attached the logs and the m3u if someone wants to have a look at them.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Felix

Attachments

• single_channel_scan.zip
    52.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi felix_clerc

The problem is caused by some changes that we are trialling in 1.2.0b to attempt to improve scanning speed and compliance with broadcasting standards. Quite a few DVB-IP users have been badly affected. This was completely unintentional, and I apologise to you for the hassle. :sorry:

Can you please try the patch -->here<--, or change back to MP1.1.x. If you try the patch then you need to turn on the "always use PAT lookup" debug option *and* rescan your channels with the "provider does not uniquely identify channels..." option turned on.

mm

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello mm,

I tried your patch, and left some feedback in its thread.
    Thanks a lot for your help,
    Best regards,
    Félix

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom