Scan for Sirius or Thor with fireDTV DVB-S2 (1 Viewer)

bluebear

Portal Pro
September 19, 2008
Hi!

I´m probably doing something stupid, but I can´t find any channels from Sirius or Thor. I have tried numerous combinations but it either say "No signal" or "Nothing found". Now I know that it should find something atleast because there is no problem finding them with DVBViewer. Does anyone have any pointers, cause this thing is slowly driving me insane.

I have tried with both RC3 and the latest build with the same result. Anyone with a working fireDTV DVB-S2 card and mediaportal that could point me to where I´m stupid?

Thanks for any help.

bluebear

Portal Pro
September 19, 2008
Scan for Sirius or Thor with fireDTV DVB-S2 *Solved*

Delay that, I found it myself. I´m not completly sure what exactly was wrong but I have some possible culprits.

1. Skew'ed the lnb
Mine were not skewed at all, but since I could scan in DVBViewer I didn´t think this would matter. Any way fixied it lat last night, but at that point still couldn´t scan. Though I fiddled with the transponder .ini to match the one in DVBViewer so, I can´t be sure if this had something to do with it.

2. Fresh boot
After a fresh boot I tried scanning with the original .ini files.
Channlels started pop up and I was a happy chappy again.

3. DISEC
Since I wanted to rule out a possible defective DISEC I mounted straight on the lnb. Since it now was working
I switched to DISEC and made the simple disec settings accordingly. Picture came right away.
Now scanning the other transponder and I can´t belive it but it also finds channles now!!!
I haven´t touched this lnb so it would suggest number 2 to be the most likely quick fix.

Any how, it works like a sharm. I love it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom