[Usability] Scan Tuners and order channels from within MP (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
To make MP as easy to use and non-scary for the average punter as possible, I think it's vital that they can re-scan for channels and rearrange the channel order from within MP (under settings).

Rescanning has to be done from time to time when the broadcasters change things and all set top boxes allow this (and channel re-arranging) to be done easily from a TV friendly interface. Forcing users to close MP and use the quite technical looking (IE scary) TV Server config, which may also be hard to see on a TV and requires a mouse and possibly a keyboard connected is not good at all, so I really hope something can be done to implement this.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    You need a shared database for this to be implemented, luckily MP2 will have this.

Funny enough the old internal TV also had this ability, just limited as singleseat setup only :(

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    You need a shared database for this to be implemented, luckily MP2 will have this.

Funny enough the old internal TV also had this ability, just limited as singleseat setup only :(

Hey, that's great news. Looking forward to MP2 even more now :) My brother will just have to wait for the wonderful HTPC I've promised him as I want it to be simple enough for him to use without constantly asking me for help.

I'm only running singleseat anyway as I don't live in a big enough house to need more than one TV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom