Scan tv channel from gui (1 Viewer)

webcris77

Portal Pro
October 31, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
:sorry: there is a way or plugin to' scan tvchannel from mediaportal gui?

sicofante

November 1, 2006
I can't resist: have you guys really never thought of this before sept. 2011? Have you never used a set top box before???

I've tried MP and I find it unusable for a home theater setup. There's too much need for mouse and keyboard. It's nice for a desktop, though.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I understood this wasn't possible due to the current design, but it is planned/hoped for MP2.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I can't resist: have you guys really never thought of this before sept. 2011? Have you never used a set top box before???

Depends highly how often the broadcaster decides to fiddle around the channels. Here it happens maybe once a year.

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    AW: Scan tv channel from gui

this should become one of the coding guide lines of MP. Wherever you can. Try to pull setting from the backend application and make them available within MP.
    Maybe theres a way of getting rid of the backend and just start MP ..

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I understood this wasn't possible due to the current design, but it is planned/hoped for MP2.

There is no design limitation for such in MP1 / TVE3. Just missing development resources.

Oh, OK. I recall someone telling me something about not being able to access/alter the database from within MP but I stand corrected. :)

Users who are viewing this thread