Scanning while mediaportal is running? (1 Viewer)

ZealotTC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    How do I get Moving Pictures to scan while mediaportal is running?

The situation is this My gf is watching tv in mediaportal meanwhile I copy a movie over wifi to the watched folder, but it doesn't show up in moving pictures gui, I have to manually go out into windows and configure the plugin and add it from there?

I'm also using mp-tv series and it constantly adds the series I'm copying in the background

Hope you understand my question/dilemma, sorry for my horrible English

Thank you btw for the plugin it's great

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Check the log file (which you can do while MediaPortal is running) to see if the movie gets auto-approved.

I do the same when adding new movies while the wife is using the HTPC and it works perfect. Movies that do not get picked up usually lack the right filename (bugs excluded). For a real close look (you can see the scores that scrapers give to multiple titles to decide on an auto-approval) enable the Debug mode in MediaPortal.

I've put in a minor log enhancement to make viewing the log file for the auto-approved (and denied) movies easier, but via CTRL+F to find the strings related to those lines you can quickly scan the log file as well. Usually you can just CTRL+End to the end of the log file as it is the last action.

But you might need v1.0.x, because it has DELAYED watcher support, meaning the watcher doesn't scan a new file while it is still being locked by the OS during the actual file transfer. With v0.7.5 the scraper would run into problems otherwise because it would try to add the new file to the database too quickly and fail on the file lock.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ZealotTC, the importer by default does run in the background while in the GUI. A new movie will not be automatically added if the importer does not auto approve a possible match though. For most situations assuming your movie files are well named, most movies should be auto approved and show up in the GUI as soon as they are copied to your watch folder.

ZealotTC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    yes thanks it does indeed scan as intended the problem was I had selected danish from sources and scope.dk was getting jack shit info, changeing to english and using imdb.com solved it

lfs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2009
    does MP (1.0b2) see new/changed files on a network mapped drive (samba share) when running ?
    As in...does it only react to "local" file system changes or does it perform full scans at certain intervals ?
    I've yet to see it catch any of the files I've added on a mapped drive (Note: all file operations was done on the remote share) when it's running, however it always catches the changes if I restart MP or via the configuration GUI.
    Haven't done any real debugging on this so I can't say for certain that this isn't an issue with my system alone yet :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    File system changes are monitored for all watch paths so changes should immediately show up. As a test I would suggest opening the config so you can see the importer, wait until the initial scan is complete then try moving a new file to your watch folder on your samba share. The file should show up in the importer after a few seconds. If it shows up and is not auto approved it may just be that your files names are a bit unclear or the data source you are using is doing a poor job identifying your movies. If the file does not show up though until you restart the importer, then this may be a bug.

lfs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2009
    I see, thanks.
    Now, I did some testing according to your suggestions,I had the importer (config gui) open and tailed the mediaportal.log file:

Test 1. Copy/Move a folder with a .avi inside, worked fine, the importer grabbed it within a couple of seconds.
    Test 2. Create folder, wait a couple of seconds then copy the .avi file into the folder, didn't work. The importer didn't notice it, nothing in the logs either
    However, if I did a restart on the plugin config GUI (or launched MP), the importer noticed it.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I always add a .nfo file with the imdb link, so that a get a guaranteed match and don't have to load the configuration utility to auto add the file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom