Scheduled playback of videos and tv shows? Or dynamic/automated playlist? (1 Viewer)

rconstantine

Portal Member
September 29, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been wondering whether it is possible to create a semi-automated playback schedule. Let me explain what I mean and why I am trying to do this...

As a kid, all we had back then was regular TV which had shows on a schedule. If our show wasn't on, we had to go do something else (play outside or ???). We had to have our chores done in time to catch the show we wanted to watch. We also tended to watch (what I now think of as) good shows because they were on, not because we necessarily wanted to (like Leave it to Beaver, Rockford Files, Star Trek, Gilligan's Island etc).

I enjoy the on-demand-ability of MePo and Netflix Streaming, but would also like to try to schedule programming during certain times of day. However, rather than simply make playlists, which would require making far too many of them and which would not automatically advance episodically, it would be cool if we could do something like this:

Select a time that a show/movie will start. If it is a tv show, it will play the next X episode(s) during the time slot. If it is a movie, it will play until it is done. The program can be toggled on and off (with or without parental code) so on-demand playback could be done. As an example, one might have original Star Trek episodes run at 6pm M-F, Bugs Bunny cartoons play Saturday mornings from 7-8AM a random Disney movie Sunday evenings at 7pm, or whatever.

Does anything like this exist presently, or would a new plugin need to be made? If the latter, would it be difficult?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom