Scheduled recordings are sometimes cut off early (1 Viewer)

insert_name

August 24, 2009
Melbourne
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: X-Face (Modified)
Windows Version: Windows XP Service Pack 3
CPU Type: AMD Athlom Dual Core 5050e 2600
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Memory: 4 GB DDR2 800
Motherboard: ASUS
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200
Video Card Driver: 8.640.0.0
Sound Card: Realtek onboard
Sound Card AC3: Optical Out and HDMI
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5783
1. TV Card: Leadtek Winfast PxDVR3200H
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T / Analog hybrid
1. TV Card Driver: 6.0.1012.49
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote Black
Power Supply: Cosair 400CX 400W
Remote: Imon remote with case
TV: Samsung LA46A950 LCD TV
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi all, this is my first post as a "newbie" Mediaportal user.
Just want to say what an awesome piece of software it is!!!

I have set-up recordings to start at 5 mins before the start of the show and end 10 mins after it has finished.
In some instances it seems that the recording finishes at the time that it actually finishes and does not take into account the 10 minute buffer that I had set-up. Currently this has happened on the same show each week other shows scheduled to record have worked OK.
The only difference is that I have attempted to watch the recorded show before it has finished recording.
For example: Starts at 8.30pma and ends at 9.30. TV Server commences the recording and 8.25pm and is meant to finish at 8.40pm, however it stops recording at 8.31pm, 9 mins short. I normally start watching it soon after at around 9.35pm or so, so in theory there should be an overlap.
Medial Portal indicates that it is recording the show when I switch my TV at around 9.35pm, as the red record button is displaying in "My TV" section and also displays in "Active recordings" section of "My TV".

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jsabrahamsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I am seeing the same behavior. I had it in 1.0.0, upgraded to 1.0.2 without any change. I tried doing a completely clean install of 1.0.2, and that didn't help either.

This is a real pain, because Danish TV often runs late, so I regularly get the ending of a program cut off.

Jiv

November 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Likewise for me.

For example, my multiple recordings are from two channels - one starting at 7:30pm (show1) and the other at 7:35pm (show2).
    The show1 somehow "freezes" recording at 7:33pm, which is the time show2 starts recording (2min lead time configured, compared to 5min lead time used by OP).
    I say "freezes" because when viewed in MP client it appears as if it is still recording when checked in "Active recordings", yet the recorded file on the HDD isn't increasing in size.
    Of course, the end result is that the show1 contains only a few minutes (5min) of the actual recording. The show2, however, is recorded fully, and correctly.

This happened to me twice before, so on the third I was there to observe carefully what was happening. Saw the usual symptoms, stopped all recording, and then used "Record Now" for both show1 and show2, and then both was recording fine. I did confirm this by watching both shows after they had finished recording.

So, the bottom line is that there appears to be something affecting multiple scheduled recordings.

I have a dual digital tuner, which is a Hauppauge 2200. Both digital tuners have been tuned correctly (I think) and are able to view/record all channels.
    My version of MP install is 1.0.2.0.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm resurrecting this thread
    Hi Chris,

resurrecting is the appropriate word. Note that the thread is from 2009, which is neolithic in terms of MP software development. Please open a new thread and anclude full logs in debug mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom