Scheduled recordings dont include "pre-record" tim

Discussion in 'The old Bugreport Forum' started by daveyboy, March 15, 2006.

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Portal Member

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

Here is my situation - if I have a scheduled recording starting at 7.30pm, with 3 minutes pre-record time, the recording starts as it should at 7.27pm.

However, if I go to the Scheduled section, the recording indicator only appears on the show at 7.30pm, which means I can't start watching it from the beginning until 7.30pm - because the context menu is different if the indicator is not present.

The recording indicator should appear on the show at 7.27pm.

Cheers,
    daveyboy.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jawbroken

jawbroken Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    It appears when recording starts for me if I just schedule a single recording (that is, I get a red dot at 7:27 and can choose to start watching the recording). However, if I set it up to record a series and thus it gets put in a folder in the Scheduled window it will not get marked as recording and I will have the same problem you describe.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Portal Member

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Perhaps that's it then. Most of my recordings are series'.

I'll have a check to see what happens for a single recording tonight.

Thanks for confirming the bug.

5. lgoulart

lgoulart Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I´m having a similar problem that you´re having but with something else: if I set a recording to, like you said, 7:30pm, it creates like a dozen (literally) small files (like 1 sec long, I can just hear the audio when trying to play it) of the minutes before the show starts ( 7:27 thru 7:28 ) in a folder with the name of the show that ended at 7:29.

For example: 7:00-7:30 -- Friends / 7:30-8:00 -- Joey. My recording is set for "Joey" at 7:30, with 3 minutes of advanced recording and zero after. So there will be two folders for the same recording, one with three pages long of files that covers 7:27 thru 7:28 with "Friends" and another one named "Joey" with more 10 files of the 7:29 minute and 1 file with 1 whole hour.

Any clues? :?

Best regards!

6. 5teve
    • Team MediaPortal

5teve Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    hi

i have tried to reproduce your problem (context menu not updating etc)

i set a recording with a 5 minutes before and after slack.

i waited in my tv > scheduled for the recording to start...

when it did the recording entry didnt get the recording mark or say status of recording but with a right click on the entry the correct context menu came up asking if i wanted to view from beginning or from live point etc.

if i went back to my tv and back to scheduled then the entry showed correctly

if your still having this problem could you try and explain everything in a step by step way... just assume im stupid (its not hard to imagine!) also see if 5 minutes slack works

thanks

Steve

7. sweep

sweep Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lots of small recordings

I'm having this problem as well lots and lots of 0-1 sec. recordings of the program preceding the program to be recorded when using a pre-recording time.
    I'm using rc2, can anyone please confirm whether this problem was fixed in a newer rc ?

8. eric.c.mi

eric.c.mi Portal Pro

Rockstar
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i run latest
    it's not fixed
    I get an extra half-second video file for every scheduled recording
    without fail

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!