Scheduled recordings dont include "pre-record" tim (1 Viewer)

daveyboy

Portal Member
March 15, 2005
Reading, England
Hi,

Here is my situation - if I have a scheduled recording starting at 7.30pm, with 3 minutes pre-record time, the recording starts as it should at 7.27pm.

However, if I go to the Scheduled section, the recording indicator only appears on the show at 7.30pm, which means I can't start watching it from the beginning until 7.30pm - because the context menu is different if the indicator is not present.

The recording indicator should appear on the show at 7.27pm.

Cheers,
daveyboy.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
It appears when recording starts for me if I just schedule a single recording (that is, I get a red dot at 7:27 and can choose to start watching the recording). However, if I set it up to record a series and thus it gets put in a folder in the Scheduled window it will not get marked as recording and I will have the same problem you describe.

daveyboy

Portal Member
March 15, 2005
Reading, England
Perhaps that's it then. Most of my recordings are series'.

I'll have a check to see what happens for a single recording tonight.

Thanks for confirming the bug.

lgoulart

Portal Member
September 14, 2005
Brazil
I´m having a similar problem that you´re having but with something else: if I set a recording to, like you said, 7:30pm, it creates like a dozen (literally) small files (like 1 sec long, I can just hear the audio when trying to play it) of the minutes before the show starts ( 7:27 thru 7:28 ) in a folder with the name of the show that ended at 7:29.

For example: 7:00-7:30 -- Friends / 7:30-8:00 -- Joey. My recording is set for "Joey" at 7:30, with 3 minutes of advanced recording and zero after. So there will be two folders for the same recording, one with three pages long of files that covers 7:27 thru 7:28 with "Friends" and another one named "Joey" with more 10 files of the 7:29 minute and 1 file with 1 whole hour.

Any clues? :?

Best regards!

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    hi

i have tried to reproduce your problem (context menu not updating etc)

i set a recording with a 5 minutes before and after slack.

i waited in my tv > scheduled for the recording to start...

when it did the recording entry didnt get the recording mark or say status of recording but with a right click on the entry the correct context menu came up asking if i wanted to view from beginning or from live point etc.

if i went back to my tv and back to scheduled then the entry showed correctly

if your still having this problem could you try and explain everything in a step by step way... just assume im stupid (its not hard to imagine!) also see if 5 minutes slack works

thanks

Steve

sweep

Portal Member
    May 2, 2006
    lots of small recordings

lgoulart said:
    I´m having a similar problem that you´re having but with something else: if I set a recording to, like you said, 7:30pm, it creates like a dozen (literally) small files (like 1 sec long, I can just hear the audio when trying to play it) of the minutes before the show starts ( 7:27 thru 7:28 ) in a folder with the name of the show that ended at 7:29.

I'm having this problem as well lots and lots of 0-1 sec. recordings of the program preceding the program to be recorded when using a pre-recording time.
    I'm using rc2, can anyone please confirm whether this problem was fixed in a newer rc ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom