Scheduled recordings never record anymore (1 Viewer)

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
Scheduled recordings always seem a bit hit or miss with the latest version of mediaportal but now they seem to never occur unless manually started. I have 4 cards so there shouldn't be a problem.

I t was set to record xtra factor on ITV2 yesterday 24/10 at 9pm but it was not there, other recordings also failed as shown in the logs (peter andre/only was is essex) note my other half set these to record, so no comments on bad taste please! Every recording I have recently scheduled seems to have failed. I cleaned and reinstalled mp from scratch prior to this.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    At least one of your cards seems to be having issues with signal
    Code:
    2010-10-24 21:03:06.122952 [(14)]: dvb:  LockedInOnSignal could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad signal

So will be worth checking that all the cards are actualy working and that they all have the right channels mapped to them

It looks like no recording was set for Xtra Factor on Sunday and Saturday did work
    Code:
    2010-10-23 21:57:00.293146 [scheduler thread(9)]: Scheduler : record to I:\tv\The Xtra Factor - ITV2 - 2010-10-23.ts
    and
    Code:
    2010-10-23 23:18:00.255768 [scheduler thread(9)]: Scheduler: stop record ITV2 23/10/2010 21:57:00-23/10/2010 23:15:00 The Xtra Factor

So according to logs there never was a schedule to setup to record this on Sunday. It seemed to record fine on Saturday, are you sure you actually set this to record on Sunday?

Same goes for Peter Andre, only mention of this is a recording setup to run on 27th

This is all done via the MP side of things and you have not attached any logs from there so we are not going to be able to figure out what happened if you did add the schedule. Always attach all logs.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    I sent to scan on the dual dvb-t card and it failed, so I reinstalled the drivers and rebooted and it came back to life. I quickly set all 4 cards recording which seemed to then work fine. I haven't had time to check if scheduled recordings are still functioning but will add new logs from the mp side when it happens again. I need to learn to read the logs myself I guess.

I have another problem that has been ongoing for a while but I will post that to a new thread later. Thx for your time

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    OK It happened again last night it recorded 'the apprentice' at 9pm but not the follow up show on bbc2 at 10pm "the apprentice - you're fired"

I had a look at the logs but it seems to forget that there are 4 cards and talks of conflicts? one of which finished at 9pm an hour before this program. There seems to be lots of failed messages? what failed and why?

I seem to be watching more and more programs on the iplayer these days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom