Scheduled recordings when power off? (1 Viewer)

itm

Portal Pro
October 15, 2005
I've installed the Power Scheduler plugin, with the aim of waking my machine to perform scheduled recordings. The machine is usually left in S3 sleep mode. For some reason the Power Scheduler plugin did not wake the machine to do my first scheduled recording however. What steps should I take to diagnose this?

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: 7
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver: 8.0.0.0
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Blackgold BGT3620
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T2
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Are you sure it did not wake up? Or did it wake up, but not record?

I have seen issues where the PC wakes up, but the TV Server cant record. It had to do with card allocation. This looks like it will be solved in MediaPortal 1.2

Post your logs, and we can see then if the PC woke up, and what happened to the recording.

Some quick steps to diagnose - schedule a recording for an hour or so in the future, let the machine sleep, then watch the PC and see if it wakes up when it should.

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    OK I've uploaded the logs. I scheduled another recording for 19:30 this evening, but the PC didn't wake up for it and there's no trace of anything in the logs at this time.
    ???

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    And here's another log from last night...I had a recording scheduled at 21:00. The machine started up this time but nothing was recorded...

Attachments

• MediaPortal20110302.zip
      4.3 KB

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    There should be quite a few more log files than that. I cant see anything to do with PowerScheduler in there.

I never got MP 1.1 to wake and record properly on my system, hoping the changes in 1.2 fix it.

geichel

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo,
    to be able to analyse your problem it is important that you upload also your TV Server log files. Only the Mediaportal log will not help. Use the Mediaportal Debug Tool to collect all your logs.
    In general most of the time the TV server fails to detect your TV card after resuming from standby. Also another problem may be that your network adapter is not reactivated correctly so that the TV server is not reachable after resuming from standby.
    So what you can try to do is to prevent windows from powering off your network adapter if your system is going into standby. Another solution may be to increase the timespan before TV server should try to detect your TV tuner after resuming from standby. A timespan of 20 - 30 seconds can help to solve your problem.
    Regards,
    Gerrit

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    Thanks - I've attached the TV Server log. To see an example, I scheduled a recording on 2/3/11 @9:00am (Numberjacks was the programme name,on BBC2).

Looking at the logs for this period, the PC started up and the tuner seems to have been recognised. I can't tell how many of these log entries are "normal" as I haven't yet succeeded in recording a scheduled programme!

Can any see any clues as to why the recording didn't get done?

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    The TVServer_Error log seems to have more clues:

2011-03-02 08:51:16.391307 [(25)]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBT.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvService.CardTuner.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

Any idea what this means??

Attachments

• tvserver_error.bak.zip
      31.7 KB

geichel

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo,
    your problem is the following:
    2011-03-01 19:35:10.731829 [scheduler thread(9)]: subch:0 OnAfterTune
    2011-03-01 19:35:10.735829 [scheduler thread(9)]: subch:0 OnGraphStart
    2011-03-01 19:35:10.736829 [scheduler thread(9)]: dvb: RunGraph
    2011-03-01 19:35:10.863837 [scheduler thread(9)]: dvb: RunGraph returns: 0x8007001F
    2011-03-01 19:35:10.865837 [scheduler thread(9)]: tvcard:FreeSubChannel: subchannels count 1 subch#0 keep graph=False

If you search for the error 0x8007001F and TV tuner using google it shows up this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...curred-when-starting-live-tv-tv-server-39095/
    Maybe you should try to disable EPG grabbing. Also it could help to enable only one TV card/tuner at once and to try recording again.
    A few questions:
    -Are you able to start live TV at all?
    -Can you start a manual recording?
    -Is your system waking up from standby before recording starts?
    Regards,
    Gerrit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom