[Bug] Scheduler - first workday is now missing from configuration (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I used to be able to configure first workday and define weekdays and weekends.

I can't find this option anymore in the menus. As per Wiki page and initial image, it is supposed to be at same place on recording/general tab of TV server configuration:

Recording - MediaPortal Wiki.

When I click on the WIKI image, I get a different image with missing workday scheduler.

Currently my MP defaults to Friday and Saturday for the weekend and I need to be able to change this to Saturday and Sunday.

I see there is a closed ticket in mantis: 0003365: EPG scheduling for weekdays/weekends does not work in all localities - MediaPortal Bugtracker

So I don't know if Wiki is incorrect and the setting is moved somewhere, or the setting has gone as a result of a bug.

Could you please confirm? Thank you!

MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta
    MediaPortal Skin: Default Wide with MePo added and analog clock removed
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
    CPU Type: Intel Core I7 2.8GHz
    HDD: WDC SATA-2 80GB; Samsung SATA2, 750GB; Blu Ray drive: LiteOn iHES108
    Memory: 4GB DDR3
    Motherboard: Asus P7P55D PRO
    Video Card: ASUS GeForce 9600GT Silent 650MHZ 512MB 1.8GHZ DDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV
    Video Card Driver: Latest
    Sound Card: IDT High Definition
    Sound Card AC3: Optical out
    Sound Card Driver: Latest
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800, PCIe
    1. TV Card Type: analog, ATSC
    1. TV Card Driver: Latest
    2. TV Card: Twinhan AD-SE200 (1028), PCIe
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver: Latest
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: FTA/Cable/OTA
    HTPC Case: Custom
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Universal, URC 200
    TV: Samsung 58" 1080p Plasma HDTV (PN58B530)
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI/HDMI

Attachments

• no_weekends.png
      no_weekends.png
      34.9 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Confirmed. Not sure whether there was a reason for this change, or whether it is simply a bug.

Mark

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    It is now automatic based on regional settings is it not? I think riksmith fixed this as previously it was not actually working in some situations???

Edit: Indeed http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3365

I assume you have the correct region set in windows but this is not picked up ?

Setting back to confirm as not having the ability to set this was part of the patch and therefore expected functaionality. What is not expected is it not working... so waiting to here about OS regional settings

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    My current default is Friday and Saturday for the weekend and I need to be able to change this to Saturday and Sunday.

I see there is a closed ticket in mantis: 0003365: EPG scheduling for weekdays/weekends does not work in all localities - MediaPortal Bugtracker

So I don't know if Wiki is incorrect and the setting is moved somewhere, or the setting has gone as a result of a bug.

When you say your current default is Friday/Saturday, where is this the default? In Windows or ?

It seems that the wiki was not updated when this change was made.

Mark

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Attached is my Windows region and language settings where first day of the week is Sunday.

MediaPortal defaults to Friday/Saturday.

Attachments

• region_and_language.png
      region_and_language.png
      22.7 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Attached is my Windows region and language settings where first day of the week is Sunday.

MediaPortal defaults to Friday/Saturday.

So the first day of the week is Sunday.

So that would mean that the weekdays are

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday,

and the weekend days are

Friday and Saturday.

MediaPortal is working correctly, but you want MediaPortal to use settings that are different to those in Windows.

Is there any reason why you can't change your first weekday in Windows to Monday?

Marking this as no bug.

Mark

dmertz

Portal Member
    January 10, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Using only the "First day of week" setting indeed appears to be a bug, or more properly, a design flaw. The first day of the week is not necessarily the first day of the workweek. It depends on the part of the world you live in. In the US, the first day of the week is considered to be Sunday while the workweek is considered to be Monday through Friday. Printed calendars in the US virtually always have Sunday in the leftmost column (the first day of the week). The Windows' "First day of week" setting is not appropriate for distinguishing between workdays and weekend days.

Windows 7 apparently provides a configuration setting for "First day of week" but I can't find a similar setting in Windows XP or Vista, so I don't know what MP does when running on those systems.

Edit: I suspect that Windows 7's "First day of week" setting is intended to control which day appears in the leftmost column of displayed calendars, but I haven't been able to substantiate this other than to see examples where Windows 7 uses it in this way.

Dave

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks, Dave. Apparently we need to go back to the original configuration where we could set the workdays from MediaPortal. I would definitely call it a bug and I need a workaround because my TV schedule is messed up now.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Edit: I suspect that Windows 7's "First day of week" setting is intended to control which day appears in the leftmost column of displayed calendars, but I haven't been able to substantiate this other than to see examples where Windows 7 uses it in this way.

Dave

IMO it is not a massive problem to have Monday on the left side of your calender instead of Sunday.

It is much safer for MP to use a setting from the OS in all localities, although I do share your concern about WinXP. However, there is nothing in the code to suggest that this depends on OS.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Okay, so it is clear that there are situations when Windows reports a first day of the week that is not actually the first day of the working week, and this cannot be changed.

Therefore, we have a bug.

Thanks for reporting.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom