Schedules Direct Plugin Channel Mapping (1 Viewer)

HtownWMC

Portal Member
December 13, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I live in the US and get my TV from over the air ATSC. Originally I believe I got my guide data from WebEPG, but that stopped working so I started using EPG Buddy's TVGuide .com link which is also no longer working. To that end, it looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and subscribe to SchedulesDirect so I signed up for my 7 day trial period, input my lineup, downloaded and installed the plugin, and put in my credentials. It seems to be working overall, but...

The guide is not displaying any data for one of my channels, KIAHDT. One of the things I did to get the others working was adjust the channel names, but that didn't help this one. Does anyone have any ideas?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I live in the UK and have never used an internet EPG with MP. Hence I have never used "Schedules Direct", so the following is all second-hand or third-hand knowledge...

downloaded and installed the plugin
    There is a "TV Server" plugin for "Schedules Direct". Is this the plugin you installed, or are you referring to something provided by "Schedules Direct"?

The important thing to know about the MP plugin is that it works only with the XML form of the "Schedules Direct" data. The plugin does not work with the JSON form of the data. So you need to ensure that you have selected the XML form in your configuration on the "Schedules Direct" web site (I think that the default is JSON).

The guide is not displaying any data for one of my channels, KIAHDT
    The EPG downloaded from "Schedules Direct" contains the channels that you selected in your configuration on the "Schedules Direct" web site. So check to verify that "KIAHDT" is included in your config.

Another check it to view the XML file that was downloaded from "Schedules Direct", and see if it contains an entry for "KIAHDT". I don't know in which folder the file resides, so you will have to hunt for it.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Have you selected the correct data format on the Schedules Direct web site? For the USA and Canada, the EPG data can be provided by SD in XML format or JSON format. XML format is the old style, and JSON format is the new style. Unfortunately, the TV Server plugin can process only XML format. If you are in fact downloading JSON...
    Have you selected the correct data format on the Schedules Direct web site? For the USA and Canada, the EPG data can be provided...
    I have installed version 1.27on MediaPortal and 1.11.0.2 of the Schedules Direct plugin. I scanned my Hauppauge WinTV dualHD...
    Replies
    Views
    I have tested TvGuide via EPG Buddy and Schedules direct XMLTV. I successfully download a large listing of channels. For example: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd"> <tv source-info-name="Schedules Direct" generator-info-name="mc2xml" generator-info-url="mailto:mc2xml@gmail.com"> <channel...
    I have tested TvGuide via EPG Buddy and Schedules direct XMLTV. I successfully download a large listing of channels. For example...
    I have tested TvGuide via EPG Buddy and Schedules direct XMLTV. I successfully download a large listing of channels. For example...
    Replies
    Views
    Same as HTPCSourcer wrote, the process of this plugin is not a mass process. Depending where you download your xmltv.xml file, some websites propose to have a personal file (you choose what are channels in the .xml). An example for french country : It takes 2 minutes an 5 seconds for 4765 programs imported on my system : If...
    Same as HTPCSourcer wrote, the process of this plugin is not a mass process. Depending where you download your xmltv.xml file, some...
    I've finally finished mapping all the channels were scanned from my HDHomeRun over-the-air and cable tuners, which amounts to over...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, the mc2xml using the MC version is broken. I found this for working with zap2it using a different parsing tool zap2xml xmltv install / configure for ATSC / OTA U.S.A Maybe this will help the next WMC user to get the guide to work. I bet if I went with my gut to go with TitanTV instead of trying to replicate the WMC guide, I...
    Ok, the mc2xml using the MC version is broken. I found this for working with zap2it using a different parsing tool zap2xml xmltv...
    Hello, Looking to move my Win7 Ultimate WMC box to a Win10Pro OS and started here with MP2. Got the live TV, OTA ATSC tuning...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom