schedules direct plugin help (1 Viewer)

beanstalk

November 28, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
i've read and tried everything i can find on the forum to get the EPG data through the schedules direct plugin. i am using the latest of everything. i am a new mediaportal user.

here are a few lines from the tv log (wasn't sure how to attach it):

2010-11-28 15:33:23.515625 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(5)]: Processing lineup Time Warner Cable [id=OH34454:- type=Cable postcode=44314]
2010-11-28 15:33:24.796875 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(5)]: Could not find a match for AMC/51
2010-11-28 15:33:24.953125 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(5)]: Could not find a match for AETV/39
2010-11-28 15:33:25.109375 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(5)]: Could not find a match for BET/35
2010-11-28 15:33:25.265625 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(5)]: Could not find a match for BRAVO/45
2010-11-28 15:33:25.265625 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(5)]: Channel ABC Family was found as WVIZDT2 in EPG mapping database
2010-11-28 15:33:25.281250 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(5)]: Updated channel WVIZDT2 [id=194 xmlid=10093.20.schedulesdirect.org]
2010-11-28 15:33:25.453125 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(5)]: Could not find a match for CNBC/27

i have 2 hauppage tuners getting cable channels and 2 hdhomerun tuners getting OTA digital broadcasts through the cable line. in my SD account, i have two listings setup: one for Time Warner Cable to handle the cable channels and one for Local Broadcast Antenna for the OTA digital channels. it seems to be matching my cable channels to my OTA digital and not finding my analog cable channels.

any help is very appreciated. i will post the results on the forum for the next guy that has trouble. thanks.

thanks for the quick reply. attached the full log.

beanstalk

November 28, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
i am wondering if i have something wrong with my channels that i scanned in. my analog channels come in with no provider. they are just named by their channel number. they have 2 fields under the tuning details that are exactly the same apart from the id field.

an example:
name: 2
channel #: 2
SD logical channel: 2

my digital channels are named by their call sign, but their number is incorrect.

an example:
name: WJWDT
channel #: 7
SD logical channel: 8-1

the only way i could get my hdhomerun to work with mediaportal was to choose "Other ATSC/ReMap" for the main application as opposed to "MediaPortal" as recommended by Silicon Dust. it looks like i should be able to remap the channels, but it doesn't seem to let me. consequently, i have analog and digital channels with the same channel number.

**Fixed most mapping issues
alright, i guess you have to name the channels after their call sign to get the EPG data to map correctly. that makes sense. wish i would have realized that before. i also had the DVB grab EPG data while idle enabled, which might have been an issue.

combining channels helped fix many of my issues where i would not get EPG data for WJW but i would for WJWDT. i still have an instance where my analog channel 3 is getting overwritten by a digital channel guide that has the same channel number, even though their call signs are different.

anyway, i attached my most recent log. i emptied it and then force the SD plugin to run. i think the reason why those analog channels are not getting found is because i have channels with the same number on my digital tuners. even though they have different call signs, the SD plugin must not like it. i ended up combining many of those channels so, i don't think it will matter. i only had 2 channels that i couldn't get good EPG data on, and since i didn't ever watch them, i just disabled them. i'm moving on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom