Schedules Direct (1 Viewer)

cerickso88@gmail

September 20, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can someone tell me exactly where and how you assign each channel to the EPG Guide in Schedules Direct? For the life of me, can cannot find how to do this.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have never used an internet EPG with MediaPortal, so the following may be completely wrong...

I think that there are two ways that you can use "Schedules Direct":
    • There is a "TV Server" plugin that can retrieve the EPG data from the "Schedules Direct" web site and import it into MP. The catch is that the plugin can accept only XML-format data, whereas the default on the "Schedules Direct" web site is JSON format. So you need to log in to your "Schedules Direct" account and select XML format. There is a brief description of the plugin on this page in the MP Wiki.
    • Alternatively you can arrange to download the "Schedules Direct" EPG using some other tool, and then use the "XmlTv" plugin to load the EPG data into MP. See this page in the Wiki.
    My understanding is that you select the channels that you want in the EPG by adjusting your channel selections on the "Schedules Direct" web site, not in "TV Server Config".

-- from CyberSiiman in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] XMLTV Channel Selection DE
    Thanks jfd553, Yes, I figured out it does download from Schedules Direct. I had done what you suggested and checked my download file for that specific channel number and could not find it. So I submitted a request to update the Schedules Direct data for my area. Took a few weeks but I just heard back 3 days ago that it had been...
    Thanks jfd553, Yes, I figured out it does download from Schedules Direct. I had done what you suggested and checked my download...
    I am using MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. I use the XMLTV plugin with Schedules Direct to get my Guide data. In the TV setup interface...
    Replies
    Views
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] EPG windows DE
    So, with your tips I've deep looking on the config program. And I've found the mapping for HID device. I've make the key config for up and down keys. And it's Work! Really big thanks to you and the team that give this great mediacenter. Cheers ;)
    So, with your tips I've deep looking on the config program. And I've found the mapping for HID device. I've make the key config for...
    Hello, How to scroll the line in the epg windows with titan extended skin? I see the firts 11 channel lines but I cannot get the...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry, this is all I can add. I'm currently using MP 1.32 x64 Pre with Schedules Direct. My TVServer version is 1.31.10. I'm using the legacy SD-DD (XML) from Schedules Direct. My SD plugin version is 1.30.1 I'm hesitant to update fully to 1.32 x64 final
    Sorry, this is all I can add. I'm currently using MP 1.32 x64 Pre with Schedules Direct. My TVServer version is 1.31.10. I'm using...
    Win 7 64bit USA Downloaded MP2 last night. There was no plugin for SD (Schedule Direct) EPG Buddy was no help. I downloaded...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom