Scrambled Channels - deselect (1 Viewer)

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Really my questions is "can i de-select the scrambled channels". I have tried the button in the TV server config and it has never worked for me in any version of MP. If the answer is No then my next question is...

Is there a way to convert a WinTV preset channel number into a MP channel?
When I use WinTV by Hauppauge I can filter the scrambled QAM channels and quickly find the 7 working digital channels out of the 100 scrambled. I can then look at each one of the working 7 channels and get the channel preset frequency and ID.

In MP I have found no easy way to filter the scrambled channels. So I have to test each of the 100+ digital channels manually and see if I get an error like "scrambled" or "unabled to start graph". This would be bearable however the problem is that sometimes the scrambled channel locks up MP and I can't test any more. Obviously rebooting 100+ times is not practical to test each digital channel in MP.

As I already can see the preset frequency and channel ID in WinTV then surely it is possible to convert that to the MP channel. I look at the frequency info and they look different.

My QAM digital channels change frequently so this is not a 1 time set up deal. I have to do it monthly.

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 (no SVN)
MediaPortal Skin: Blue 3 Wide
Windows Version: XP MCE 2005 RU 2 + latest updates
CPU Type: Core2Duo 2.6GHz
HDD: 32GB SSD + 500GB x 3 (RAID 0) + 1.5TB
Memory: 4GB (PC6400)
Motherboard: ASUS BassWood
Video Card: NVIDIA 8500GT 1GB
Video Card Driver: latest
Sound Card: motherboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: latest
1. TV Card: Haupauge WinTV 1600
1. TV Card Type: ATSC + NTSC
1. TV Card Driver: latest
2. TV Card: Haupauge WinTV 1600
2. TV Card Type: ATSC + NTSC
2. TV Card Driver: latest
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: default
MPEG2 Audio Codec: default
h.264 Video Codec: default
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast
HTPC Case: HP m7674n
Cooling: vga cooler Zalman VNF100 (silent)
Power Supply:
Remote: Microsoft MCE + HP MCE
TV: Vizio 47" LCD HDTV 1080p
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI (TV) <-- DVI (HTPC)

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Really my questions is "can i de-select the scrambled channels". I have tried the button in the TV server config and it has never worked for me in any version of MP.

The answer is: Yes you can. You should try to use the "test timeshifting" button

joko

March 24, 2010
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I have a similiar problem running mediaportal 1.1.0

Everything was running fine untill i decided to look for some more unscrambled channels to add to my group.
So i used the deselect scrambled channels option which worked fine for me... but when i want to select my scrambled channels again it keeps on deselecting them which makes it that i can't watch my scrambled channels in Mediaportal...
Hope someone can help me ...

Greets Jo

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have a similiar problem running mediaportal 1.1.0

Everything was running fine untill i decided to look for some more unscrambled channels to add to my group.
So i used the deselect scrambled channels option which worked fine for me... but when i want to select my scrambled channels again it keeps on deselecting them which makes it that i can't watch my scrambled channels in Mediaportal...
Hope someone can help me ...

Greets Jo

Could you be more specific? What are the exact step you took to re-select them? When do they get deselected again?

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Really my questions is "can i de-select the scrambled channels". I have tried the button in the TV server config and it has never worked for me in any version of MP.

The answer is: Yes you can. You should try to use the "test timeshifting" button

This is a huge help. :D
Please rename that button "Test All Channels".
I never clicked it before because it said test time shifting - which already worked. It was "hiding in plain sight" all along.

For some reason I always thought that button only tested the time shifting service. As you said, what it actually does is test all channels by using the timeshift service. IMHO "Test All Channels" is closer to the buttons purpose from a users perspective. True it does the testing by using the time shift, and therefore it secondarily tests the time shift service. However its primary function is to test all channels. Users don't care what method/code is used to accomplish this. Specifically the button label should not be coupled to the testing process because its function is independent of this process. Hence a future change in the testing process would not require a change of button label.

My next problem is why does the tuner card only see 2 digital channels whereas my my TV tuner sees 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom