Scrapper: Use english movie names for asian movies... possible? (1 Viewer)

BigBear

Portal Pro
February 13, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Guys,

the Scrappers import movies using there original name. Now i have many asian movies and would really love it if the scrapper would automatically choose the english name for the movies.

is that possible somehow?

thanks for any help.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I did not forget about your request, but I'm still working on the non-English IMDb scrapers. Once they are finished, I'm going to overhaul the way foreign titles are processed.

For example, I use the "English Title (Asian Title) [Year]" filenameing scheme, but this fails auto-approval match, so I'll be enhancing the IMDb.com scraper to compensate for this. If I'm unable to integrate it, without harming the current auto-approved match rate, then I will create a seperate scraper.

After I found a solution for the auto-approval problem, I plan to look into the title problem.

Solution I was thinking about are:

• Asian Title (English Title) ->> Ging chat goo si (Police Story)
    • English Title (Asian Title) ->> Police Story (Ging chat goo si)
    • English Title + Summary ->> "Police Story", and then inside the summary prefix with "Original Title: Ging chat goo si" and below that the summary.
    • English Title ->> "Police Story"

There is an existing Google Code issue on this, that takes a different approach (better one), so I might not finish this scraper enhancement if I run into a lot of problems, but I'm going to give it a try. Stay tuned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom