Screen Blanking (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Does anyone know of a plugin/tweak that can be made so that i can blank my TV screen at the touch of a button on the remote when listening to radio or music?

I have a plasma tv and dont like leaving the screen unchanged for too long (as happens when listening to music) in case i get image burn on the screen, so would like an option where i can press a button and it blanks the screen (and then press the button again to bring the screen back to life/navigate to a new music track etc).

:D

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...you could also just activate the mp screensaver ho does exactly what you need, mine is set to 3 minutes, so no bun in can happen

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    fantastic. do you know which screensaver .scr file i can use from windows/system32 to generate a blank screen? if there isnt one, then how do i go about creating one?

...you could also just activate the mp screensaver ho does exactly what you need, mine is set to 3 minutes, so no bun in can happen

dont you get interuption during tv playback though?

EDIT: Never mind, just read that tv/video and picture slideshows are exempt from the screensaver:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom