Scripted Logon & TV Out Quality (1 Viewer)

megacrypto

Portal Pro
October 20, 2006
I was just trying this scripted logon to remove the explorer shell and have my HTPC open directly to MP, well it works, but i noticed that the image on the TV is very blurry than before. I'm using s-video out to my plasma screen (dont ask me why im not connecting both using other plugs, simply because i dont hav the wires for them at the moment). Anyways the image was never crystal clear before, but now its very blurry. Did anyone face that before?

megacrypto

Portal Pro
October 20, 2006
armyofme: XP here too

i have a question, if you open msconfig and go to startup tab, do you untick everything there to make sure that only whats in the logon script is run, or do you leave it as is?

This is my script file:
//BEGINNING OF SCRIPT
run async "c:\program files\sygate\spf\smc.exe -startgui"
run async "c:\program files\creative\sblive\program\adgjdet.exe"
run async "c:\windows\sisusbrg.exe"
//run async "c:\program files\eset\nod32.exe" /WAITSERVICE
run async "c:\program files\eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
: START_MEDIAPORTAL
if not process_exists mediaportal.exe
run "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"
else
goto KILL_MEDIAPORTAL
: KILL_MEDIAPORTAL
run sync taskkill | /F /T /IM MediaPortal.exe
goto START_MEDIAPORTAL
//END OF SCRIPT

Does that look right? I mean it all opens right, no explorer, no nothing on the desktop, just the blue screen for a couple of seconds then MP kicks in.

armyofme

Portal Pro
January 21, 2006
York
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm no expert on scripts but it looks fine to me. Especially as everything is coming in as expected (?).

As for msconfig, I don't think those things kick in at all because your not running explorer and those things come in with explorer. Correct me if i'm wrong, I'm no expert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom