SD + HDHR How do I get the channels (1 Viewer)

anewmyth

Portal Member
April 10, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: xp pro - uptodate
CPU Type: dell gc270
HDD: 140gb
Memory: 1G
Motherboard:
Video Card: ATI 5600
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: HDHR
1. TV Card Type: Networked
1. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Charter Cable.
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: ATI Remote WOnder II

Has anyone been able to get the Schedules Direct plugin to work with a HDhomerun tuner? I have no idea how to import all the channels, aside from manually entering all of the station names and channel IDs. Even then I have to guess which channels I am looking at, or watch each one while studying the guide to nail it down.

It would really be helpful to make contact with someone that has this combination - SD & HDHR

Thanks!

ngarcia001

March 3, 2009
I use both schedules direct and HDHR. I pull the clear QAM channels from Comcast (basic cable). I didn't follow the Mediaportal installation guide at Silicon Dust. To set up my channels, I launched the HDHR Setup and used "ATSC Remap" rather than "Mediaportal" for the Application choice. I ran the channel search and found 100+ stations. As only a few are in clear QAM, I sorted the list by name (The HDRH setup application will contact Silicon Dust in the background and populate the list with channel names). I enabled the dozen or so that I wanted and deselected the rest.

When you run the MP TV-Server configuration, the channel search will go pretty quick as it only finds the channels you enabled in the HDHR Setup (MP only finds 12 stations vs. 100+, which makes linking them to the guide a little more manageable). Enable the XMLTV plugin and link the channels. In my case, the names were similar enough that they matched all but 2 stations without any intervention.

Don't know if that answers your question, but I tried. You may try to search the forums for more detailed instructions on setting up the HDHR and mediaportal. It's been awhile, so I can't remember where I came up with the above, but was probably from a post in these forums.

Thanks,

N

anewmyth

Portal Member
April 10, 2009
Thanks for the response. I did read another similar post. Maybe it was yours. I tried the remapping of the channels. I don't remember the problem at the moment - maybe I didn't stick to it long enough, but I wasn't getting the names to match, or I was having problems Tuning.... I can't remember.

For anyone else trying to get this to work I eventually used mc2xml to help map the channels. I still had to go through the channels manually and assign names to them, but I did manage to get most of it working. I'm now doing the pvr150 analog side.

I started this process with mythtv before christmas, and I was beginging to think the DYI PVR was a myth. Maybe it's the luck of the draw, but from remote problems (ATI remote wonder II) to video cards, to channel mapping, on multiple version of multiple operating systems, I've spent quite a while on this. (all for basic cable!?!) I don't even watch TV - it's for the wife and kids.

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't. I've easily spent $3000 of my $50/hr time on this, and it's not fun anymore. I'm only doing it out of habit, and because I want to WIN....

*sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom