Searching TV-Cards with Viaccess & HD+ Support (1 Viewer)

cyberlu

Portal Member
April 26, 2011
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hi

Im searching a TV-Card for DVB-S2 which supports Viaccess and HD+.
Currently i'm building a Multiroom environment with a standalone TV-Server. click

I need new TV-Cards for this TV-Server (i have a Hauppauge 4400 but it generates nonstop Bluescreens with the CI's attached. So im searching for a better solution.

Which are the "developer choice" TV-Card?

It will cost money, yeah i know this but i'm willing to pay for a good solution.

Which card should i use?

Here are the requirements:
  • SRG-Television on 2 Clients (Viaccess)
  • HD+ (CI+) for one client (more is better)
  • fast channel changing
  • 2 Clients at the same time on TV-Mode ond different channels/Satelites

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi cyberlu

i have a Hauppauge 4400 but it generates nonstop Bluescreens with the CI's attached.
    CIs plural? My understanding is that you can only have one WinTV CI per system, so unless you're using different CIs then that might be why you're getting BSODs.

Which are the "developer choice" TV-Card?

It will cost money, yeah i know this but i'm willing to pay for a good solution.
    You ask the million dollar question! :D

SRG-Television on 2 Clients (Viaccess)
    Can't comment, sorry.

HD+ (CI+) for one client (more is better)
    Many tuner manufacturers don't seem to advertise whether their CI modules/slots are compatible with CI+. I'm not sure whether that is because CI+ only requires CAM or driver compatibility. The only tuner that I've seen comments about supporting CI+ is an Anysee, but they are not supported by TV Server. Someone else will have to advise you about this.

fast channel changing
    I've heard Digital Devices tuners are quite fast, but I don't have one of them. My TechnoTrend Budget S2 3200 seems quite fast to me.

2 Clients at the same time on TV-Mode ond different channels/Satelites
    Okay, so you require at least two DVB-S2 tuners that support MTD (multidecrypt - decrypting more than one channel at once). The DVB-S2 tuners that currently work with TV Server and support MTD are Technotrend and DigitalEverywhere. There is *experimental* support for MTD with KNC One and Terratec/Twinhan/Azurewave tuners. Hauppauge tuners do *not* support MTD. Digital Devices tuners do if you use an Octopus type setup where the CAM is shared; individual Digital Devices tuners *do not* support MTD.

Beware: some CAMs do not support MTD!

cyberlu

Portal Member
    April 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: Searching TV-Cards with Viaccess & HD+ Support

Yes, first i had 2 CI's (USB) from Hauppauge connected. But in first place i was not able to install a single CI without a BSOD.
    I always had problems with Hauppauge Hard/Software (first card anno 1999).
    The WinTvCI USB module can only descramble ONE channel at the time! Even if your CAM could do more.
    So i don't think this should be the problem. but i'm not willing to use hauppauge longer ;) to much trouble

Hauppauge without CI works, but without Swiss Television :mad:

CI+ runs currently ond the Dreambox. THX Tux for this^^ officialy not supported.

Okay, so you require at least two DVB-S2 tuners that support MTD (multidecrypt - decrypting more than one channel at once). The DVB-S2 tuners that currently work with TV Server and support MTD are Technotrend and DigitalEverywhere. There is *experimental* support for MTD with KNC One and Terratec/Twinhan/Azurewave tuners. Hauppauge tuners do *not* support MTD. Digital Devices tuners do if you use an Octopus type setup where the CAM is shared; individual Digital Devices tuners *do not* support MTD.

exactly. I have enough free cables from my LNB's. So its no problem for me to build the new TV-Server with two or more Tuners
    I noticed DigitalEverywhere should be quite good but they stopped the production :eek:

A build in (in the Tuner) CI would be grate

THX for your response

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom