Season recording for a"begins with" keyword?

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by StuckInTheMu, December 19, 2008.

1. StuckInTheMu

StuckInTheMu Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it possible to set a season record with a keyword that is treated as a partial match?

Sample:

Series "The Bill" sometimes has the episode in the title (yes, crap, but it happens).

Normally:
    "The Bill"

Next Monday is
    "The Bill: Too Hot to Handle"

Is there a wildcard so I can set the title to be "The Bill{anything}"

In SQL it would be "The Bill%", but this doesn't do anything so I guess it's looking for an exact match only.

So far I've been mightily impressed with MP, the work put in by the development team is outstanding!

If it can't do this, it's probably a show-stopper for us due to the inconsistencies of the UK EPG, but there is always the option of post-processing the EPG!

Jim

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. revs
    • Premium Supporter

revs MP Donator

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Home Country:
    Wales Wales
    If the standard install can't do it - then maybe For the Record can? For The Record

4. dvdfreak

dvdfreak Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +178 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    This is dead-easy in For The Record.

A since a picture is worth a thousand words below is a screenshot from the Management Console. Obviously the created schedule will be visible in MediaPortal's TV guide as well, so I've added two screenshots of that too :)

Attached Files:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!