Second Tuner card crashes TV server (1 Viewer)

PhilMcCavity

Portal Pro
May 23, 2008
Sydney
Home Country
Hi

I have 2 tuner cards installed on my PC - one PCI and one USB. These have previously worked fine but since I migrated to a new machine I can only use one.

I've attached logs. The scenario was this :

1 - attach the USB tuner and boot up
2 - scan for channels on the PCI card (runs OK)
3 - scan for channels on the USB tuner - it crashes after about 30-40 seconds

The system works fine with just the PCI tuner.

Thanks

John

TV-Server Version: V 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Version: V 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue3
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 (2.4GHz)
HDD: Seagate 500
Memory: DDR2 800, 4GB
Motherboard: Intel (unknown)
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
Video Card Driver: Latest
Sound Card: Realtek onboard audio
Sound Card AC3: none
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5404
1. TV Card: Nebula USB
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 0.5.0.4
2. TV Card: Nebula PCI
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver: 1.1.1.1
TV: Hitachi Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Just a thought... There's a patch that you need to install on XP to fix something to do with DVB tuners. I can't remember what the symptoms of not installing the patch are but I think one of the problems was with multiple tuners. Is it possible you haven't installed it on the new machine and it needs it?

This is the patch I was thinking of: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ner-issue-channel-scan-crash-windows-xp-6344/
    Actually it doesn't seem to mention anything about multiple tuners... don't know where I got that idea from. I'm sure I remember something about a problem with multiple tuners being fixed by a patch/hotfix though.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

duplicate post see below for for solution https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp-suddenly-crashes-when-starting-live-tv-on-most-channels-and-on-recordings-from-the-same-channels.139849/#post-1270831
    duplicate post see below for for solution...
    I have been using MP 1 for years with no troubles. but in the last couple of days it sudden just crashes when starting live tv...
    Replies
    Views
    Today I did send a reminder to DD, since 09-2020 no news from them about new drivers. 3.0.2.211 x64 seems to work for me to, but DD told me, those where beta drivers, and some cards did have problems with them. Here you can find stable older drivers, Digital Devices Store But 3.0.3.224 did not work for me, so the latest stable...
    Today I did send a reminder to DD, since 09-2020 no news from them about new drivers. 3.0.2.211 x64 seems to work for me to, but...
    I recently upgraded my somewhat ancient 1.16 installation to the latest version, 1.25, and have a couple of problems, but the most...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on which a WinTV-quadHD card is installed. This card worked perfectly before the migration and no hardware change was made (not a single cable disconnected). Since my passage under windows 10 x64, I can't get...
    Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on...
    Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes I can stop windows updates - but that has yet to give problems - I have disabled automatic lenovo updates for now and will have no problems with it ;-) Its and old Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop using the On borad intel 4600 graphic card så all is good for know :-) thanks again for all your help :-)
    Yes I can stop windows updates - but that has yet to give problems - I have disabled automatic lenovo updates for now and will have...
    I have been using MP 1 for years with no troubles. but in the last couple of days it sudden just crashes when starting live tv...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice find there Mr Henry. Wish I had that guide when I stumbled through the driver nightmare that is this device. Attached my copy of the driver zip in case the external web version disappears one day. There is also the option in Device Manager to roll back the automatically installed Microsoft driver (2009/2010) to the working...
    Nice find there Mr Henry. Wish I had that guide when I stumbled through the driver nightmare that is this device. Attached my copy...
    Hello, I have 3x Realtek RTL2832U usb DVB-T tuners in my MP1 TV Server. They appear as REALTEK DTV Filter with unique card IDs and...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom