secondary path for recordings (1 Viewer)

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey guys,

is there a possibility to set another path for recordings so that they are shown in the "my recordings" section?

Waht I do: the TV-Server reocords locally, but if my HD is running out of space I move old recordings to a network share (including the xml of the show). I still want to see them in "My recordings" with all the xml infos and not in the "my videos" sections. So I need another recordings-path only for monitoring and not for recording, is this possible?

regards,
nicx...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Create a Junction point is most probably the easiest way of doing this, one of the ways is to use something like Junction Link Magic.

Use at own risk though, you might want to do a bit of research on this, just to make sure you get things right :)

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm unfortunately a junction point is not working with network folders... I always get an error :(

any other hints?

fermin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2008
    Zug
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Same problem here. The wife is recording stuff like crazy, and I'm stuck with a disk full of cr...things I wouldn't have recorded.

I would really love the option of being able to have a second (third, fourth, ...) path and would then probably offload some of the files during the night using robocopy or something similar to a network location. That would also mean that the database would need to handle the fact that the recording "d:\recorder\some_show\2009-05-20-blahblah.ts" (and its .xml file) is now on "\\mynas\recorder\some_show\2009-05-20-blahblah.ts". And while I'm not planning on adding a local disk to my setup, I guess it would also be nice if the second path could be "e:\recorder\..."

Regards
    Fermin

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Country flag
    one more vote for this - I think many people do "offload" their recordings to a network drive - so do I - and would like to keep the recordings inside MPO at the "usual place"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

for it can record, many channel from the same transponder. but thank you for confirming your asking
    for it can record, many channel from the same transponder. but thank you for confirming your asking
    I'm currently using a TBS6985 DVB-S2 quad tuner, but we have reception issues - seems to be caused internally in the server - I...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, I've found out what it was :) People's advice to run the tvservice as the normal user was correct, but it turns out that Windows won't run a service as a user with no password. It doesn't complain when you set the user in the service properties, but fails with a login error when it tries to start the service. Adding a password...
    Well, I've found out what it was :) People's advice to run the tvservice as the normal user was correct, but it turns out that...
    I've moved a load of my old recordings onto a NAS to clear space on my internal drive. I've pointed the recording directory of an...
    Replies
    Views
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model Object Manager. As soon as they are disabled TV server will always show "port 554 is already bound". Enabling/disabling events is done by this reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model...
    I've got a Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A Twin and a DigitalEverywhere FloppyDTV for Satellite TV. I've been running MediaPortal 1.4.0...
    Replies
    Views
    We'll, again I have posted a problem then found the solution myself :whistle: I incorrectly used "Multi seat setup: use UNC paths" when I was setting up initially and having some trouble with paths. I had clicked help for that setting before I tried using it, but many of the help links in the config utility are broken. Today I...
    We'll, again I have posted a problem then found the solution myself :whistle: I incorrectly used "Multi seat setup: use UNC paths"...
    I've been a MP1 user for a very long time. I had been using Argus for OTA ATSC recording and viewing which has been flawless...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
    I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom