Select lan card for iptv (1 Viewer)

JudgeFredd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have 2 lan cards in my server, one for iptv (lan 2) and one for internet/network (lan1), this is necessary because my iptv and my internet doesn't use the same connection.

When i activate both cards i can not watch the iptv stream, i have to deactivate the lan 1 card, and thus i can only watch the channels by preview inside the tv server configurator.
    Is there a way to select which of my lan cards are used for udp stream (IPTV) perhaps by adding something to the m3u i build?

JudgeFredd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    :oops:
    Ok i've managed to solve the problem by creating a static route for the ip adresses that my channels are on. Not an easy thing to do, and therefore it would be nice if somebody came up with a better solution.. :)

Ok, i have been reading up on the other forum posts, and found the "obvious" solution, i just need'ed to add the ip from the lan card i want to use in the m3u file list, like this:
    Udp://x.x.x.x@y.y.y.y:5501 where the x's specify the local ip of the lancard that's used for iptv/dvb-ip..

I can only add: Duh!!! ;)

JudgeFredd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hi

how to solve if the ip adress of lthe Tv lan does not have a static ip adress :mad:

Omel

Well i'm rather certain it has a somewhat static ip, otherwise the channel placement would change constantly, and your "regular" TV receiver would not be able to show the channels without, searching/updating the channel list constantly.

Be aware the "lan ip" is the ip adress, that your regular tv adapter get's from the iptv supplier, so you should "spoof" that, and set is as a non dhcp ip adress, in your lan settings.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Specifying network interface for IPTV is not possible in current MP (nevermind if 1.1.3 or 1.2.0). The address in form udp://x.x.x.x@y.y.y.y:pppp can solve the problem, because original IPTV implementation (implementation supplied by MP) has bug which consider x.x.x.x part of address as interface IP address. By the specification it have to be source address (the IP address of source of packets). But if you don't have static IP address of required network interface card, you have to use address without first part and dynamically change routes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom