Select some trailers (Avatar for example) crashes MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Damandan

Portal Pro
May 19, 2007
Tegelen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello, for some days now. When I try to play for example the Avatar trailer in 1080p Mediaportal Crashes and shows the attached error screen. Logs are also attached. Is this a plugin, mediaportal or my machine specific problem.

Attachments

• runtime_error_MP.png
    runtime_error_MP.png
    37.2 KB

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have been unable to play trailers for a couple of days as well. MP doesnt crash in my case.

If I download a movie from appple trailers and put it somewhre in My video's, the file plays fine in MP.
But when I try to select the same file in My Trailers, it wont play it. I get a codec error audio and a video error.

COuld it be that Apple changes something about their website? (which causes MP to crash in your case and my case just an error)
IM runnin XP + MP1.02.

Damandan

Portal Pro
May 19, 2007
Tegelen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yesterday I decdided to stroll through the forum a little more and I discovered that the OnlineVideos plugin released a new version just to address the 'trailers not playing'-issue. So Apple definitely changed something that broke 'My Trailers'.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hello, for some days now. When I try to play for example the Avatar trailer in 1080p Mediaportal Crashes and shows the attached error screen. Logs are also attached. Is this a plugin, mediaportal or my machine specific problem.

hi , i just try the "Avatar" trailer in 1080p ,it play with no problem her ..look like good movie ...

Win XP sp3.
    MP 1.0.2
    SKIN :XFACTOR R247
    MYTRAILER 2.02
    Quick Time + MadiaLooks

ysmp.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Aaah I got it working for myself.
    Need to download and install "quicktime directshow filters". This, together with "SAF" gives a perfect playback. TO download the filter, just fill in a bogus e-mail, and you will get it anyway...
    See the link below.

QuickTime DirectShow Source Filter - MediaLooks

As for the problem you are experiencing, it could be related. Try the filters and if you still have the crashes, atleast you have eliminated one possible cause.

If you want to check if you have a codec error, use Filmerit. you can download that one here
    Filmerit

You could also try to download a movie from the apple trailer site. If you place the file somehwre in your my movies directory and the movie plays without a problem, then it could be a plugin related thing. You could try disabling all other plugins and re-enable them one by one to see which one causes the issue.

good luck :)

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem is not codec related. Since I can watch the trailers via the latest version of OnlineVideos plugin. So it's a problem of My Trailers not having implemented the workaround for the new situation over at the apple trailers website.

Thanks anyway though. Maybe someone else has some benefit off of this information.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For information purpose:
    I just played a couple of trailers, i.e. Game is new from today and it plays fine here.

giantpopples

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    If you use the media looks quicktime plugin it is ought to work since it uses the official quicktime codec (so it needs quicktime or quictime alternative to be installed) BUT it won't be palyed through directshow, so no control on the video or gpu acceleration if needed...

I also have the same issue, a audio error, when i try to play a streaming trailer (like avatar).
    It always plays fine when I download one.

It someone could fix this issue it would be great.

Thank you very much !!

PS: I'll try the online videos plugin to see how it works.

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, installed MediaLooks and everything works like a charm now.
    I had the audio codec issue aswell. What I did to resolve this was to (re)-install Matroska splitter/Haali Media Splitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom