Selecting My TV series goes nowhere... (1 Viewer)

rockingondrums

May 30, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi everyone, I was happily enjoying some older versions of Mediaportal, StreamedMP, Moving Pictures, and MP-TV on my XP machine.

So a few days ago, I migrated to Win 7 Ultimate x64. Followed the guide on AVN, found most recent and proper versions to reinstall those four things and necessary codec packs, etc.

Anyway, now when I start up MP and everything loads, I can get in to movies just fine. If I choose TV Series, there's a transition as if it's going to load, and then just ends up on the same screen again.

I tried using the Basic Home Editor, but whenever I try to edit TV, or delete and re-add, the Windows Process ID will disappear once saved...

Thanks for your help.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

It sounds almost as if TVSeries is not installed.
    Can you double check that and if it still fails, attach full log files here.

rockingondrums

May 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Yeah, it's installed. I installed them all at once just a couple of days ago.

I can still watch TV, if I press back it takes me to what I think is the regular Mediaportal home. Not the blue one, but not the streamedmp one. If I go there, I can choose TV series and watch everything.

I have attached a log I made 2 days ago when MP Config wouldn't start... Probably has info in there.

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007
    I had the same problem, only mine was with the tv-section, reinstalled streamedmp didnt help. Remaking the menu with menu editor didnt help...so now I run blue wide on that client.

taalas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry if this is kind of obvious, but did you check if you have enabled the MP-TVSeries plugin after installing it?

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    +1 I'm a new StreamedMP user but it seems you have not gone into the MP-Config app and under Plug-ins ENABLED the plugin nor performed any configuration of the TV-Series plugin.

They released a new StreamedMP today - start with it!

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    Tv-Series should be enabled by default and it will still let you go to it if no shows are scanned in

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    Good catch! I just unloaded MPSeries and StreamedMP due to the 'new' StreamedMP release. In doing so I didn't install the Movies and observed how what you said was correct - it opens the screen and there are no shows to populate it, initially.

I'm learning about the filenames and how touchy TVSeries is... got them (currently) as Title - EpisodeNum - Episodename and it's doing better. I also found many of the shows had Exyy as Episode, Year, Number while others have no "E" and others use a production number instead of a year & episode no.

rockingondrums

May 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Okay, asking me if it's actually installed bothers me in 2 ways: 1) It's such an obvious thing to check. I usually don't resort to asking for help until I've tried what I can. Since I only have about 4 hours between when I get home and when I should be heading to bed, I sometimes expend quite a bit of time. 2) The fact that this could even be an issue means there's something wrong with the installation process that needs to be improved.

I'm not terribly upset or anything, I'm just saying.

I did see that RC4 came out. I upgraded everything and for one night, everything was great!

Now I have an entirely different problem. Trying to watch any movie or any TV show (which the menu now accesses correctly) makes it freeze. If I hit the Green Media Center button on my remote again to get the other MP home screen (NOT blue wide) to select a movie or show to watch I think it freezes there as well. So, MP and StreamedMP are completely worthless to me ATM (btw I HATE HATE HATE the bluewide skin).

The MediaPortal team should really think about implementing a crash reporter straight in to the program, like Firefox and Netscape (Mozilla, basically) has had for awhile.

I may just resort to using Media Center from now on...

This is the error Windows gave me when I used task manager to force close MP:

Description:
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    Application Name: MediaPortal.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.7.0
    Application Timestamp: 4bf12684
    Hang Signature: 02b6
    Hang Type: 2305
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Hang Signature 1: 02b68af9311510caf150fba4fa93872f
    Additional Hang Signature 2: df52
    Additional Hang Signature 3: df520e85e08086820d449576eb7fa0c9
    Additional Hang Signature 4: 02b6
    Additional Hang Signature 5: 02b68af9311510caf150fba4fa93872f
    Additional Hang Signature 6: df52
    Additional Hang Signature 7: df520e85e08086820d449576eb7fa0c9

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom