Selling my TV (1 Viewer)

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm thinking about selling my TV. It doesnt officially support the resolution that i want to display. I'm not planning on selling here on MP (unless someone wants to pick it up i'm not going to ship it I'm in St. Louis MO). Just wondering if anyone thinks there would be interest.

It's a 42 inch Plasma Element plx4202B and works great. It is only a year old and i'm thinking about selling it for around $350. Is that to low? I will probably put it on ebay or try and offer it to a co-worker but would like to get the most i can (as i would like to buy a better one).

To go into a little more detail on why i want to get rid of it (maybe someone will have a solution). It's native resolution is 1024x768 and the manual says it supports 720p (which is 1280x720 resolution). I can put it in 1280x720 and the TV displays that it is in 720p mode but everything looks horrible (I have a bluray player and those look horrible as well). If i put it in 1280x768 everything looks fine (the TV doesnt show that it is in 720p mode) but HD content looks the same as everything else. I put it in 1024x768 and it doesnt display in 720p mode and everything looks fine (blurays look the same)

Any thoughts?

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
I'm thinking about selling my TV. It doesnt officially support the resolution that i want to display. I'm not planning on selling here on MP (unless someone wants to pick it up i'm not going to ship it I'm in St. Louis MO). Just wondering if anyone thinks there would be interest.

It's a 42 inch Plasma Element plx4202B and works great. It is only a year old and i'm thinking about selling it for around $350. Is that to low? I will probably put it on ebay or try and offer it to a co-worker but would like to get the most i can (as i would like to buy a better one).

To go into a little more detail on why i want to get rid of it (maybe someone will have a solution). It's native resolution is 1024x768 and the manual says it supports 720p (which is 1280x720 resolution). I can put it in 1280x720 and the TV displays that it is in 720p mode but everything looks horrible (I have a bluray player and those look horrible as well). If i put it in 1280x768 everything looks fine (the TV doesnt show that it is in 720p mode) but HD content looks the same as everything else. I put it in 1024x768 and it doesnt display in 720p mode and everything looks fine (blurays look the same)

Any thoughts?

Sell it and get a full HD TV.
Don't waste another second on the old dog.
Your PC graphics card needs the DVI or HDMI output and can support the 1080p.
Buy any cables online. Dont buy from store unless you are independently wealthy.
You should only be using digital connections to a digital TV.
Otherwise its like buying Ferrari and putting in cheap gas and keeping within speed limits.
You will be amazed by the new TV.
:cool:

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
I currently have a ATI Radeon HD 2600 pro card in the PC and i'm using DVI/HDMI for the cable so that is not really a problem. But i really want 720p or 1080p support so i think i will probably sell my TV. Anyone want it? Ive been thinking and i probably will ship it, buyer pays shipping.

Anyone.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom