Separate renderer, audio codec setup for MyRadio,Mytv

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by Sentinel, July 18, 2006.

1. Sentinel

Sentinel Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi allz

When I set Ac3 codec I hear TV and Radio 5.1 but MyMusic played in 2.0 low qualitiy. With another codec, MPA I hear TV,Radio in Stereo, mp3 audio in 5.1. Another mistery When I need 5.1 sound in Video files, in MyTV I can select only default directsound device, I cant another renderer using, while another renderer (nvidia, powerdvd5,MPA) make crash or I hear anything in stereo.

I will say when I set codecs to TV,Radio with 5.1 sound (Ac3), I hear Mymusic in stereo or I hear nothing, or when I install another codec to Mp3 (l3) Ac3 filter is lost.

After 1 hour I found the ideal codec and renderer settings. Now I using ffdshow audio codec with default direcsound device renderer, but next time I will not seorching another ideal renderer and codec settings and another codecs have better quality. I have not enough time after every update found the right codec and renderer.

The feature request is

- separate renderer and codec set to Radio, to TV

- and we can set audio codec to Mymusic.

Now:
    MyTV, MyRadio use same audio codec, renderer
    MyMusic use windows media with (we cant set this, any installated codecs used) x codec

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!