Series Select Mockup (with XFace skin) (2 Viewers)

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello!
I've made a mockup for the graphical series selection page since Inker said if enough people like it he'll consider making it possible or something like that.
Anyway it's not possible now since albumlist is used to display the banners.

I think this will make browsing for series a lot easier since you get 12 series banners on each page.

So tell me what you think!

[ EDIT 2 ]

Everything should be available with latest version of XFace [1.2] and an SVN version of MP [2007-10-22]

btw got kind of bored of XFace so feel fre to take over or something. ;)

[ EDIT ]

Here's the new skin files! [ Will update this post with updates. ]

Need some help with the rotating of labels. We want to have next/last view labels on top of the arrows to the left and right. Thanks.

Not gonna send it to harley until the thumbnailpanel bug is fixed in an svn version.

[ This is 5 rows (series banners) version so you need an svn version of the TVSeries plugin and the [MP 0.2.3 RC3] Thumbnailpanel fixed core.dll ] [ Put the core.dll in "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\" dir ]

Attachments

• tvseries_series-select_mockup.jpg
    tvseries_series-select_mockup.jpg
    372 KB
  • XFace_TVSeries_new3.png
    XFace_TVSeries_new3.png
    750.1 KB

SMa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2007
    Helsinki - Finland
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    i love it!

but maybe it should be like an 'option'
    people with e.g. 10 series won't need such screen, but with e.g. 30 series or more this will become very handy ;-)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    i love it!

but maybe it should be like an 'option'
    people with e.g. 10 series won't need such screen, but with e.g. 30 series or more this will become very handy ;-)

Who has 10 series? ;-)

Actually I like the mockup, id love to be able to browse horizontally in that screen though, but I guess thats not possible from a skinning poing of view?

If I can pull it off itll be an option, just like you can choose now between text and graphical display (although I guess nobody uses text display anyways).

Bobb25

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2006
    Durban
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Lol. Took a poll with the wife, and she reckons she likes the standard list better... some people just can't handle change :p Personally, i think its a great idea and my only concerns would be: Does it use considerably more memory to keep all those banners on the page? The scrolling animation would have to move a LOT more banners at a time... is this a factor in terms of performance?

runarius

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    oooooh... that is looking sweet=D

love that new look, hope it will be integrated some day, but I don't know about your priorities at the moment, so if there are other things that are more important, I think you should do them first.

This plugin rocks=D It's the main reason for me using media portal.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What could be more important than a good series selection page? :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I like it a lot. I'd love to see a space for a title (or even a title graphic? :p ) at the top as well. For example if you are browsing by Genre and your at the comedy level, it was say comedy at the top... Just a thought.

Looks really good though, nice mockup.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So Spuck, are you the Master and Chief of the TV-Series Skin for X-Face?

Damien

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom