Server / Client TV Picture Freeze (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I have StreamedMP on both server and client. The server is in the living room and runs the main TV, the client is a laptop for the moment (testing purposes). The two are connected via a 100Mbps ethernet. Both work fine without freezing when each is running alone, however, say the server is running and tuned to a channel and the client then decides to watch TV, the picture freezes on the server. This can be cured by changing channel on the server, and then back again, although the response on this channel change is a lot slower than usual. The two machines then run fine with streaming working very smoothly. If the channel is changed on the server, it causes the screen to freeze on the client, and again, this can be overcome by just changing the channel up and down on the client. Frustrating!

I'm currently using 2Gb of RAMdrive for timeshifting, and have three dual tuner tuner cards fitted, so have available 4xDVB-T and 2xDVB-S/S2 streams.

Does anybody have any ideas why this happening and how to cure it, as the WAF is slowly decreasing. If I cannot get this sorted I have no chance of justifying a Zotac box :rolleyes:

If you want logs, let me know and I'll post the relevant ones up.

Thanks guys!

M.

EDIT: (1 hour later) Just to add further info to the above. I have had the server playing a full HD channel, the client also playing a full HD channel and the other halfs laptop playing an SD channel (this is wireless, so not ideal). I have tried to put load on the TV server to see what happens.

If I change channel by using the channel up/down buttons on the remotes or keyboard I get the picture freeze. If I do a channel change by going into the TV Guide and selecting there, the picture does not freeze on any PC at all. So it is just the channel up/down buttons/keys that seem to be causing the problems.

I can just tell the other half to select by using the TV guide and that gets around the WAF problem, but could someone please explain what is going on??

It is 2.45am, this is becoming obsessive :eek: - I'm off to bed!

M.

spar1grep

Portal Member
    February 27, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mbuzina : He did say if you want the logs he can upload them, I have posted a thread along the same problem the freezing of the TV Server with logs, maybe you could take a look at that thread and offer your insight?

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I will post logs without hesistation, and I fully understand how the support element works; I just didn't want to clutter things up with logs from a server and two clients as some would not be applicable to the problem. I asked which logs would be required as a point of accuracy, not laziness or misunderstanding of the protocols of the board.

Please don't think I'm being flippant, or facetious, but I do appreciate you taking time to reply.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom