Server Software / Combining Directories (1 Viewer)

JohnNBK

October 29, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I run a MCPC/HTPC and an Xbox (original) with XBMC connected to my HD LCD TV with a Vista machine upstairs acting as a file server (and general household PC so can't use WHS on it).

My problem is that I have a fairly large collection of films spread across several hard drives on the the server. On the Xbox the different directories can be easily combined into a single "virtual directory". So the directory "Films on Server" in XBMC actually shows the combined contents of "Films 1", "Films 2", etc. on the server.

Is there a way to achieve the same thing on the MCPC (I use MediaPortal) with software on the server or the MCPC? I would like to do this using simple file-name sharing rather than using MediaPlayer libraries and such like as I find this type of solution a real pain. Ideally I'd like to use something like a Windows version of SAMBA.

Look forward to hearing your ideas,
John

riadmelb

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
No possible within MP, your only option is through Windows (NTFS junction point), but it's a bit messy.

I have the same problem, I have 4 movies folders, 6 pictures folders, and 6 home videos folders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom