Setting episodes to Watched not being sent to Trakt (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I suspect that its because they have deprecated the authentication method we use to logon to trakt. This went away in July.

The strange thing is, is that everything else is working except for that watched sync method. It sounds like everything will stop working soon then unless I release an update to use the new authentication method, meaning everyone will need to re-authenticate on the next release - it wont be seamless as it will require some sort of interaction.

geeky_herman

Portal Member
    April 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Agreed, it does seem weird. Not that I have any knowledge of the API but authentication sounds like something most people would expect to be all or nothing. Glad I raised the issue now. If you're going to work on a new version of the plugin and need an additional tester then let me know,

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey @geeky_herman,

here is a test package for the new authorisation process. Would be good if you can try it out and see if the watched sync is now fixed. I still did not get an answer back as to why everything else worked except for that method but doesn't matter now if it works with the new Auth.

The changes require skin updates if you choose to authorise from the GUI, I have included StreamedMP skin update below for this since it looked like you were using it. I have included Titan skin update in the package MPEI. @catavolt / @wizard123 , maybe you can update your skins for changes, they are very simple as below:

* Rename the Trakt.Settings.Account.xml to Trakt.Settings.AccountAuth.xml;
    * Change the ID from 87272 to 87279;
    * Change the ID in Trakt.Settings.xml for the Account Setup button from 82722 to 87279;
    * There is only a single button control with ID 2 that is mandatory the rest is for informational purposes, you can see the included Titan skin file, but in summary see below:
    Code:
        <control>
          <description>buttons</description>
          <type>group</type>
          <posX>655</posX>
          <posY>321</posY>
          <layout>StackLayout(7, Vertical, true)</layout>
          <control Style="SettingsButtonLarge">
            <type>button</type>
            <description>Create New Account</description>
            <id>2</id>
            <label />
            <onleft>#defaultcontrol.onleft</onleft>
          </control>
        </control>
        <control>
          <type>textbox</type>
          <description>Scan QR or enter in URL</description>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>675</posX>
          <posY>395</posY>
          <width>975</width>
          <height>200</height>
          <label>#Trakt.Settings.Account.ScanQRCode</label>
          <font>fontB12</font>
          <visible>string.equals(#Trakt.Settings.Account.Authorise,true)</visible>
        </control>
        <control>
          <description>QR URL Image</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>1</id>
          <posX>675</posX>
          <posY>475</posY>
          <width>330</width>
          <height>330</height>
          <texture>QRActivateUrl.png</texture>
        </control>
        <control>
          <type>label</type>
          <description>User Code</description>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>675</posX>
          <posY>820</posY>
          <width>892</width>
          <label>#Trakt.Settings.Account.UserCode</label>
          <font>fontB20</font>
          <textcolor>00b7ff</textcolor>
        </control>
        <control>
          <type>textbox</type>
          <description>Application Wait</description>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>675</posX>
          <posY>890</posY>
          <width>975</width>
          <height>200</height>
          <label>#Trakt.Translation.ApplicationAuthWait.Label</label>
          <font>fontB12</font>
        </control>

I will make an official release as soon, the skin changes are not mandatory, you could delete the button all together so users can't access that window. If thats the case then they can simply use the configuration tool.

You may need to disable my films from the plugins section as sync will probably not work until a new version that is compatible with recent changed is released.

Attachments

• 21-36-57.png
      21-36-57.png
      489.3 KB
    • TraktPlugin_v6.0.1.0.mpe1
      3.1 MB
    • StreamedMP.zip
      4.4 KB
    Last edited:

geeky_herman

Portal Member
    April 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi, I never received a response either. Thanks for doing this. I have copied the streamedmp skin files and installed the plugin. The new screen with QR code worked, although I just used the code string for authorisation. I marked an episode as watched and it shows on Trakt. I did a scrobble too which still worked. I also checked some of the plugin functionality which I didn't see any regression on. In fact I think the watched history for your network now shows too. Pretty sure that didn't work on the 'new' API from a couple of years ago, unless my memory is failing me.

So looking good to me. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom