Setting up the Dvico FusionHDTV Remote correctly? (1 Viewer)

spathi

Area: Other
MP Version: 0.1.30 pre
Skin:
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Intel Celeron 2.8ghz
Memory: 512mb DDR333
Motherboard Chipset: Asus P4S800
Video Card: Raedon 9200 SE (128mb)
Video Card Driver: Ati Catalyst 5.6
TV Card: Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T (Original PCI version)
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: Dvico Drivers, version 3.0

Synopsis:

If anyone could offer any advice or even point me to some documentation to configure the dvico remote so that everything works correctly via mediaportal that would be great.

Or even better if anyone has successfully configured the remote your configuration information would be very useful.

I have installed the latest drivers and Fusion Remote 3.2, however in the fusion remote config section I don't have a profile for MCE, does this only come up when you have MCE installed?

I was going to use the MCE profile in the fusion remote section and then enable the MCE remote in MediaPortal.

Would this be the best way to get the remote working, or is there another way?

Any and all feedback appreciated, thankyou in advance.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    which remote do u have?

Remote_PCI.jpg

Remote_USB.jpg
    or
    Remote_MCE.jpg

voxmortis

Portal Member
    May 19, 2005
    Sydney, Straya.
    Right click on Fusion Remote icon in your tray, then click on Configurations...

Open the Profile tab, click New.

Enter MediaPortal for the Profile Name and then Browse to MediaPortal.exe in (usually) C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe

This should create an item in the right hand box, then click the Left arrow (<-) to move it into the left hand box.

Click the down arrow on the Select Profile drop down list, and select MediaPortal, click on Customize tab.

Click the customize button, and then click the buttons on the remote or on the screen and follow the keys in the post above from CHOOK.

After you're done, close the Configurations window.

You should be able to cycle through the Profiles with your remote blue button, and MediaPortal should be present.

nzmike

Portal Member
    January 21, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    jim tressler said:
    does the same hold true for the "newer" MCE remote that comes with the Fusion5?

SiLenTYL said:
    which remote do u have?

Remote_MCE.jpg

I'd like to know this as well - have just bought one (but waiting for the rest of my HTPC gear to arrive).... guess the only way is to try it when I build the system.

Mike

spathi

chook said:
    http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/controlling

Just print this off and use the fusion remote config program to program the remote to your requirements.

thanks for the info.

Im wondering though, according to that link, play is p and pause is space.

on my remote play and pause are the same button, any ideas how can i set this up to function correctly in media portal?

additionally it seems the dvico remote program does not allow lowercase characters when assigning keys and from my understanding media portal uses different cases for some functions.

does anyone have a working profile for the dvico remote program I could view?

Tekin

April 16, 2005
    spathi said:
    Im wondering though, according to that link, play is p and pause is space.

on my remote play and pause are the same button, any ideas how can i set this up to function correctly in media portal?

additionally it seems the dvico remote program does not allow lowercase characters when assigning keys and from my understanding media portal uses different cases for some functions.

does anyone have a working profile for the dvico remote program I could view?

Same problem here,

though I'm actually trying to work out how best to use this remote at all, as you can't have different settings for different areas of the program (therefore you can't select stuff in the menu easily, and then use it in movies as well, without having some random button settings)

I'm getting sorely tempted to pick up an MCE remote, just trying to work out if i can buy one individually, without purchasing MCE as well!

*edit* bingo . You've just got to buy a hdd or mobo and cpu with it.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    WHy was everyone telling me to uninstall the rmote software with me HD tuner ???

For the life of me i can't get HIp working. I programed one button and al it does it load up a display panel thing.

Atleast when the remote software was installed i could use the arrow keys atleast :)

Ill try this way and maybe atleast i can get it working.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom