Settop-box and MCE remote (1 Viewer)

Cheope

August 14, 2006
hi
the question is quite simple.
how can i control my set-top box using the complete (remote + reciever) mce remote.
i read that only needed a software or plug-in not an addictional hardware .
is there any guide for this ??
thanks
Cheope

Cheope

August 14, 2006
i answer to myself.
have to use myblaster plugin and configure the channells to : recieved by external settopbox in the mp setup .
the blaster configuration is external to mp .
launch blaster.exe and configure all number and select buttons of the settopbox remote pointed near the mce reciever.
Cheope

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Welcome Cheope

Glad you managed to find the answer yourself, MP is not that bad to setup with a little effort, plug & play it is not, but out of the reach of someone with a bit of patience, it can be easily configured as long as you take one step at a time.
    Try and leave a lot of things at there default settings, until you get used to MP and stable.

regards

Tazman

Portal Pro
    May 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MyBlaser works ok to contorl my STB. But sometimes (pretty often) it sends the wrong channel. It misses a digit og sends one to many.

Think its the "speed" setting in myblaster setup. Tried setting it to "medium" but when i exit it dosent save settings...

Any idea?

/Brian

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Tried to configure the MyBlaster for a friend, but I only get "MyBlaster.dat" not found error.

Is there a guide or "how to" for this plugin?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes.... tried the latest "MyBlaster" plugin and all was good; testing was OK.

BUT: When entering MP - nothing happends when trying to change channels! Any ideas why? Strange....

Remote: Hauppauge 150-MCE KIT (eHome remote/blaster)

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MyBlaster didn't work for me and my MCE remote (US version). It came with the NVIDIA DualTV kit. It should be the same SMK IR tranceiver I would think.

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey guys. Not sure if you figured this out already, but I've spent quite some time trying to make this work. I just started with HTPC project and used MP. I bought a Hauppauge PVR150MCE with MCE Kit, which comes with eHome remote, receiver and one IR blaster. I got very frustrated by Hauppauge drivers and everything related to that - their software is old, crappy, crashes and support is just plain bad - there were no single word anywhere (and I searched a lot!) about the fact that all the IR drivers that come with that card are useless... Well, now I know that - MCE remote kit has nothing to do with Hauppauge drivers, so don't even bother installing them.

Next, MP wasn't picking up the fact that I want to control a set-top box (STB). And how would I know what I need to do? Anyway, there are few plugins for MP that suppose to help you with that, but there is only one that actually worked for me - MCE Replacement Plugin (here).
    Once you install it you need to open it's configuration to teach it digits from your remote (0-9) and Enter/OK key... Then test it from the same config screen and your STB. Try to play with delay timing - my box is quite sensitive to that and I still have issues with changing channels, but at least it works most of the times (but I get pissed off when it doesn't record proper shows because of this). This plugin is somewhat advanced and confusing - I would prefer to have Basic and Advanced modes for configuring it - would be waaaay easier. Also, I think it may be important, on the main screen of the config window UNCHECK 'Use MCE remote' - with this checked all of my key presses were repeated twice..

Well, hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom