Setup Database Connection? (1 Viewer)

KeesVDP

Portal Member
May 2, 2006
I'm trying to setup the TV Server in 1.0 RC1. I installed RC1 and chose to use the TV Server, then hit one click setup. Now was that the DeployTool? Why don't you just call it the installer? When I open MP Config, where I used to setup my cable tuner and channels, it just asks for "Hostname", which has my computers name in it. I assume I'm supposed to configure my cable tuner and channels in the TV Server Configuration. When I open the TV Server Configuration I get the Setup Database Connection. I don't know what Microsoft SQL Server is or what it does, am I supposed to know my Database Login User ID and password? Is it giving me one? Am I giving it one? Right now the User ID says sa and the password is blank. What do I do here?

Thanks

BlueWaldo

April 21, 2008
I am having the same problem. The documentation makes it sound like I choose this password during setup. But I was never prompted to choose a password and I don't know what the password is.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    One-click installation perform a install of SQLEXpress2005 for you with user "sa" and password "MediaPortal". Take care that M and P are capital letters, because the password is case sentive.

Simone

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I am having the same problem. The documentation makes it sound like I choose this password during setup. But I was never prompted to choose a password and I don't know what the password is.

Please read the test under the "ONE-Click" button:

All required applications will be installed into their default locations using default settings. The database password is "MediaPortal".

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom