Several Channels won't tune - Timeshifting cannot be started (1 Viewer)

tzi

Portal Member
December 19, 2005
Hi!

I upgraded yesterday to RC1. I did a fresh install of the TV Database and I also made a new channel scan on DVB-S and DVB-T.

DVB-T works really fine. DVB-S has problems. When I tune into some channels it sometimes work and sometimes not. Attached you can find my logs. I DO NOT use any CAM (since my TT 2400 USB has no CI)

Best regards, Thomas

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    could you please add a bit more informations about these channels?

sat-name and channelnames please.

are "all dvb-s channels" effected, or only a few. in other words, you have dvb-s channels which always work?
    :D

tzi

Portal Member
    December 19, 2005
    Hi!

Only a few are affected. It is strange: yesterday I tried Kabel 1 Austria and it did not work. Today I tried it again, it worked. Pro 7 Austria and Bayern Alpha did not.

In the logs its always the same: if the channel does not work, a lot of those "Waiting for PMT xxx" lines show up but nothing is received. A PMT is received but with some length error...

HTH, Thomas

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Only a few are affected. It is strange: yesterday I tried Kabel 1 Austria and it did not work. Today I tried it again, it worked. Pro 7 Austria and Bayern Alpha did not.

In the logs its always the same: if the channel does not work, a lot of those "Waiting for PMT xxx" lines show up but nothing is received. A PMT is received but with some length error...

somehow this sounds like a singal strenght issue....

could you check your antenna cables and outlet please?

tzi

Portal Member
    December 19, 2005
    Hi!

I tried now DVBViewer 3.9.2. I did a channel scanning to find all channels like I did with TV Server. Worked fine. I tried to view Pro7 Austria, works. I tried some other channels, works too. Signal level is around 90% and Signal Quality is 100% (a bit cloudy in Graz today :) ).

I am not sure whats the reason, but TV Server takes much longer to change channels (2-6 seconds) then DVB Viewer (which is usually < 1second) and TV Server is sometimes unable to get the PMT of a channel it requested.

Edit: I also checked cabeling and connectors. All fine.

Any ideas?

Thomas

Hi!

Another Question:

If you look at the Pro7Sat1 Transponder:
    There is Pro 7 Austria, SAT 1 Austria, Kabel 1 Austria on the same transponder. If I change from e.g. Pro 7 Austria to Kabel 1 Austria, only the PID and AID muszt be changed, not the tuner parameters, true? (I say 'yes' here)

Why does TV Server do a whole transponder changing here? This only adds additonal delays... if you can get rid of this ... would be wonderful :)

If you are able to tell TV Server that it should consider the choosen transponder during card allocation, this would be a plus. I then can also watch Pro 7 Austria on the one TV Client and Kabel 1 Austria on the other... :)

TIA! Thomas

tzi

Portal Member
    December 19, 2005
    Hi!

This happens on ALL channels I configured. CNN, Kabel 1 Austria, Vox, RTL, Super RTL, Pro7, PULS 4, GIGA, BBC, etc. Its random. But I cannot remember that e.g. NRJ Hits did not work which. It is on 11538 V. So, maybe it is that issue but I cannot really verify...

Sorry, Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom