severe stuttering with h264 files (1 Viewer)

krylosz

December 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: PureVisionHD
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon64 4000+ 2.4GHz
HDD: 1x400GB + 2x1TB RAID 1
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: EliteGroup KV2 Extreme
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 6200
Video Card Driver: 6.14.11.7813
Sound Card: Creative SBLive Player 1024
Sound Card AC3: none
Sound Card Driver: kX Driver latest stable
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow tryouts 2301
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow tryouts 2301
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 1.9.5
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Thermaltake DH101
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Panasonic 37'' Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I've got problems playing files encoded in h264 and DTS with CoreAVC and AC3FIlter in MediaPortal. I get really bad stuttering and dropped frames. I have absolutely no problem playing the same file with the same filters with MediaPlayer Classic.

I tried everything for the last 2 days, ffdshow video, ffdshow audio, PowerDVD h264, AC3filter, MPC Audio and video. Everything in different combinations and different options. I tried EVR instead of VMR9 which is a little bit better but hangs regularly.

ffdshow video & audio works much better in MP, but audio and video are not in sync. Strangely that combination works exactly the same in MP and MPC.

I'm completely at a loss as to why it works flawlessly in MPC with CoreAVC and AC3 filter but not at all in MP!?

Does anyone have an idea?

Graph in Mediaportal
attachment.php

Graph in MediaPlayerClassic
attachment.php

Attachments

• BoB_graph_MP.png
    BoB_graph_MP.png
    662 KB
  • BoB_graph_MPC.png
    BoB_graph_MPC.png
    777.5 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think the problem is that the nVidia 6200 video card isn't powerful enough to cope with HD playback under MP - press Shift+1 on the keyboard to show the rendering stats.

MP basically uses 3D rendering for both the GUI and video playback, so it needs a higher performance video card than MPC-HC (note your MPC-HC graph is using the overlay mixer, not VMR9 or EVR).

Have a look at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-1-svn-builds-313/1080i-material-not-deinterlacing-under-1-0-1-0-a-58486/ - you probably need to be think about an ATi 4550 or nVidia 9400GT for HD playback.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom