Shape HTPC remote control by Fractal Design (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Shape HTPC remote control - Fractal Design

Has anyone successfully used this remote with MP? Their sales literature specifically mentions MediaPortal - I was just wondering if anyone was using it already.

Shape.jpg
shape_03_back.png

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
I contacted the vendor and they assured me they had tested it with MediaPortal. I have bought one and will test it out tomorrow. Watch for a report.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Cool looking simple replacement for the original MCE remote, yep really interested how you get on :)

ps, what was the cost, as did not delve to deeply, Hauppauge equivalent is about £39, so has to be competitive.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Well it turns out this remote is the same as the Sceneo one which is already supported by MP, it's the third tab listed in the Remotes section - so works out of the box :D

I plugged it in, enabled it in config and it worked straight away - what more could you want.

£22 from CCL. Get them while they're hot!

The only thing to sort out is disabling the S1 - S4 buttons from launching various applications (Internet, Windows Media Player etc.)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    This is what happens when you are away from forums for 3 months, just seen the 3rd tab "Scenio" LOL

ps. not a bad price, and I really like the curved underside, as that type of remote sits in the hand nicely :)

PhilUK

Portal Member
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Just ordered one of these, would be interesting to know if the IR receiver would work with an all-in-one remote as well?

Will post back how I find the remote as I am currently using a keyboard with a built in touchpad which is great if you know all the shortcuts but my gf gets very confused with lol...

Cheers!
    Phil

EDIT:

Received my Shape Remote yesterday and it works instantly with MP, once you get how all the buttons associate with MP it's an absolute breeze to use. It feels like i'm watching TV again rather than messing around on a computer with a TV function! Any update on the S1-4 buttons cheezey? (S1 & 2 seem to do nothing, S3 is Start Button and S4 is iTunes)

Spot on for what I want. It's seriously impressive they can design, manufacture and ship this remote and IR receiver for £22 including VAT and shipping to my door. Especially as I was considering a 2005 MCE remote which went on ebay for £30 the day before!

Cheers!
    Phil

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello,

is is possible to turn on your pc, by this remote control?

That is not controlled by the remote, all remotes have a power button.

The problem is with the motherboards not providing power to the usb ports when sleeping or off.

sir_thomas

Portal Member
    July 27, 2008
    I have Microsoft remote control, and this function works. So if it works now, it will be work with this remote too?

Users who are viewing this thread