Share network drives in media server? (1 Viewer)

Liss

Portal Member
August 13, 2006
Molnlycke outside Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi I have 2 servers, PC1 with only files and PC2 with MP client, TV server and now also Yohay,s Media server. what shall i do to share folders from both servers on PC2? its not possible to add network drives in mediaserver. Do i need 2 media servers installed? will that work?

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi I have 2 servers, PC1 with only files and PC2 with MP client, TV server and now also Yohay,s Media server. what shall i do to share folders from both servers on PC2? its not possible to add network drives in mediaserver. Do i need 2 media servers installed? will that work?

your question is somewhat weird..
    it is not possible to "share" folders from both servers on another pc.. you can only create shares on the machines itself.. from whatever pc you give it access to are accesible and mappable..

I'll assume you want to have access to the files on PC1 from PC2...

go to the folder on PC1 .. rightclick mouse.. choose " sharing and security"

choose " share this folder" the name of the folder will be uses for sharename automatically..

Press button PERMISSION in the same tab..
    EVERYONE is set to read the files on that share.. you can change that to full control (you can change/delete/read files from pc2 then in that folder).. click ok ..
    press CACHING and remove the thingie before " allow caching of filder in this shared folder" to prevent pc2 making a local copy of the entire contents in this folder..

now go to pc2 ..

map a network drive (assuming you have network and clients configured on the same subnet) to
    \\pc1\sharename

voila.. :D

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom