Shares view: AlbumArt for multiple albums?

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by jmbillings, October 17, 2008.

1. jmbillings
    • Premium Supporter

jmbillings MP Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Not sure if this has been discussed before (or can already be done and I just don't know how!) but I use shares view for the music. I only get the album art shown for occasions where the art is in the immediate folder down. The vast majority of stuff is in the format of

<artist folder>
    <album 1>
    <album 2>

and so on. Now, in Windows Media Player (as you prolly know...), for these types of folders, it actually creates a little albumart thingy with the art from each album together in a kind of "fanned out" way. Is this possible in MP? If not, is it at least possible to show one of the albums artwork in the main view? Cuz all I have is loads of little folders... :)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rtv
    • Premium Supporter

rtv Retired Team Member

CTO at ES2000
    Ratings:
    +301 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Just put a folder.jpg / cover.png / front.jpg / whatever in the folder you want an image for.
    Then activate "Use for thumb creation: *.png, *jpg (prefers "front" cover)" and rescan your collection with
    "Update database from selected shares".

If you do not want to do this manually there's a decent solution if your ID3-Tags are correct:
    1. Sign up for free on Last.fm ? The Social Music Revolution
    2. Use the "audioscrobbler" plugin to fetch covers for all albums and artists
    3. Enable "Use existing album thumbs to: create missing folder.jpg"
    4. Rescan your collection with "Update database from selected shares".

This will save a folder.jpg in all your album directories.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!